PADI Deep Diver Standards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve R:
thanks Jeff, now invite her out to dive, and we're all sorted out :) Whad'ya say brother?
Depends.....What does she look like?

Am I blind? I've gone to Steve's site a couple of times to try to answer precisely Karibelle's question, and never came up with anything that identified an agency on the site.

JeffG:
Well, you could just check his profile, follow his homepage and find out who he is and who/what training he does.

But since you are unable to do that...here's a hint....TDI

Are you one of those helpful Alberta folks he mentioned?

I did check his profile, and did visit his website, and found no mention of what agency his training is offered through, which is why I asked the question. In fact, I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something, so I checked again. Upon reading your post, I checked a third time. I'm becoming well familiar with Steve's website, but am obviously so poorly trained (must be PADI's fault) that I STILL cannot find mention of TDI. I did see the list of courses, and it's possible that there is some "agency speak" in the titles that would tip me off if I were acquainted with TDI courses.

Thanks for the info, though, and I look forward to our dive together. Presumably you ARE going to invite me to dive, aren't you?

kari

TSandM:
Am I blind? I've gone to Steve's site a couple of times to try to answer precisely Karibelle's question, and never came up with anything that identified an agency on the site.
No one really wants to advertise that they are a TDI instructor. They are worse than PADI :wink:

Karibelle:
Are you one of those helpful Alberta folks he mentioned?
No.

He was thinking of this Nadwidny fellow.

No one really considers me "Helpful"

JeffG:
No one really wants to advertise that they are a TDI instructor. They are worse than PADI :wink:
lol.

Not saying you don't have a point there my friend, but the truth be known I don't put much stock in a lot of agencies, and I guess my site bears that out by my lack of free advertisements and logos.

All I really wanted, which is what I have found within SDI and TDI is to be allowed to structure my course with material I find relevant to the course in question. Basically do what I know as best under as few a strict guidelines as possible. Seems to me they trust their instructors until given reason not to. I do agree that their biggest strength can also be their achilles heel in a lot of cases. I'm not too shy with them either. BS is BS regardless of who it's from.

This type of training not really possible "by the book" with Padi and Thal and others have stated the reasons why.

If you need a complete play by play on how to run course "X", as Padi lays out ad nauseum, there's an issue there. If their MO is to have you teach their garbage, and only their garbage, so your course is the same as the other guys course on the other side of the globe, and the material is that hosed....there's a problem.

Sure B. Nadwidny would be great, but I was thinking of Jeff too :) I think you're very helpful.

I think you're trying to weasel out of a dive here.

lol.

and i guess typing tdi would have been really tough! That is three letters on the keyboard with no reading required.

you got to love them sdi open water standards though...

drew52:
and i guess typing tdi would have been really tough! That is three letters on the keyboard with no reading required.
He has typed it before and he has a whole 89 posts to look at to find out.

So why don't you do your own research instead of whining. Steve isn't here to handhold you.

JeffG:
He has typed it before and he has a whole 89 posts to look at to find out.

So why don't you do your own research instead of whining. Steve isn't here to handhold you.

hehehe.

BTW, I just checked Brain's profile page......friggin' hilarious.

Certification Agencies: PADI, NAUI, SSI, IANTD, GUE (Cave 2) but not TDI because they suck
Certification History: Badges are for losers

not really all that interested in doing "research". If someone asks how difficult can typing 3 letters be? I don't care one way or the other what agency you are all affiliated too.

Back
Top Bottom