PADI Deep Diver Standards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drew52:
not really all that interested in doing "research".
drew52:
I don't care one way or the other what agency you are all affiliated too.
Then why bother posting at all.

You don't want to do your own work...
You don't care...

Here's a tip.

Nobody owes you anything.
If you get the information it is because someone was kind enough to volunteer it.

and I don't speak for Steve, but I will not volunteer information to lazy people with attitudes.

Ya, but that makes him sound a little girlie-like. Or maybe I am just real jealous.

BTW, you can speak for me anytime. I'm sure I won't disagree.

I'm not a real big fan of hand-holding and doing lazy people's homework either. It doesn't make them any smarter or better.

possibly for the response I'm getting from you... or maybe for the condesending responses given to person who asked the question. (something about them only being three mouse clicks away from the answer)

any how you sure you aren't mistaken me for someone else. I don't actually recall asking any questions...

I luv stupi-board.

This is the best.

Keep whining about non issues, Padi like's it because it takes the heat off of their crap system.

Let's get back to the deep specialty and why it's hosed and why you don't need it the way they want it to be taught (the way it is typically taught) ......

Let's get back to why diving beyond 60ft is rediculous for a diver with less than 10 dives, and why multiple dives upwards of 100ft+ after only 12 or so dives is just plain dangerous.

Since Padi seems to be the leader here, I don't understand why they seem to always choose the worst method going, and then ignore common sense all the while the body count continues to climb on these Padi AOW/Deep dives, by their own admission I might add. Yet not one single standard has been changed to curb the obvious problems.

yip thats it busted. just trying to keep the heat off PADI and giving you guys something else to whine about. Seems like most of the posts you've made have been whining. but what do I know... me I'm just stupid.

drew52:
me I'm just stupid.
Hey...Don't get down.

You can always get a job as a Sanitation Engineer.

JeffG:
Hey...Don't get down.

You can always get a job as a Sanitation Engineer.
And if that doesn't work out, there's always that Padi Instructor job in the Caymans. :wink:

No research required. You can have a blast starving yourself while paving the future for the leader in recreational scuba diver training :D Nothing says Amway, like Padi.

I hear their tech program rocks as well. Free knee-pads anyone, or does that come in the deluxe tech-diver crew-pak?

Just back to an origianl subject,,,

I think there is a big difference between 80’ and 130’ for the deep water training.
There is another factor we should consider is a psychological one. If you hit over 100’, you won’t feel that much difference at 130’, but not 80’. In fact, many OW divers intentionally or unintentionally hit 130’ in a warm diving environment. Of course, it is limited in NDL. Once they hit 130’, it isn’t a big deal to do it again.

In the same context, the absolute depth can’t mean anything depending on the diving environment. As we may hear a Gilboa accident last weekend, the mucky, dark, and cold 100’ will be more task-loading than 130’ in a tropical water diving environment. That is, there is also a psychological factor to be scared at 100’ mucky, dark, and cold water.

To dive deep isn’t a rocket science. You just simply go deep as long as you aren’t coward. However, to be safely out of water is another matter. The deep class is to teach how to get out of water safely. It is a barometer of good diver in my perspectives.

In addition, it is also true that there aren't many rec. instructors who are actually doing a deep diving regularly in mid-west.

Just my 2 bar..

Back
Top Bottom