Overview of CCR diving by Pete Nawrocky

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jill Heinerth

RebreatherPro
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Pete Nawrocky is a well known expert on the subject of closed circuit rebreather diving. Those of you who dive the Northeast United States also know, as we do, that Pete is one of the nicest guys in the dive industry. Pete supplied us with an overview of CCR diving that we'd like to share with the forum. Here's the full article.

Attachments

• DSC_0093.JPG
    DSC_0093.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 76
generally I would say it's a good primer for folks just getting into rebreathers. It's a little surprising that it does not mention that there are manual rebreathers and does seem to be somewhat partial to the perspective of the electronically controlled Optima, which is in the photograph, without actually stating that.

I think it's important to make destinctions between electronic and manual options since many folks don't really know the difference and may inadvertently lump them together. this might even be important for OC folks to understand, as seeing blinking red on an electronic rebreather's HUD usually warns of a potential problem while on a manual systems Red may just be the third color used to convey po2... on my system a rapid flashing green light could be as bad as a rapid flashing red light.

The tricky part with all of this is that finding the fine line between completeness and mass digestibility is not easy and for the most part I think this article achieved it's goal.

thanks for posting it Jill!

Great article! This gives some good insight into CCR diving

Back
Top Bottom