South Florida Rebreather (CCR) Groups/Buddies/Dive trips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andrei,

I dive almost exclusively with SFDH, haven't seen much, unfortunately, mostly just people trying to rack up hours. Serious tech trips are private charters.

SFDH doesn't run too many 140+ trips. Just checked, there are two trips out to the Hydro (175ft) next month... and then nothing for months. Will have to make a trip out there and see what kind of equipment they have. Thanks for the tip.

Are you using CCR or doubles? You're local, wondering if you have similar interests?

Thanks for the response... it was starting to feel lonely :wink:

I dive CCR and OC these days, but I'm not really doing tech dives, though I'm certified for it. Mostly photography.

Just to close the loop on a few of these posts...

I’d reach out to Jimmy Gadomski at SFDHQ. He’s one of their captains and more active CCR divers in the area.
Another CCR diver here is always welcome. I'm on a Revo, certified to 70m. Unfortunately with Scubatyme getting sold to SFDH the tech charters are fewer. Some of my friends are fond of key divers but I haven't tried them yet. I second getting in touch with Jimmy. He often posts tech dives on FB.

Jim

Talked to Jimmy, will start training with him next month. He has experience with some of the CCRs I'm interested in; it'll be great to check out his units and pick his brain! Thank you guys for directing me to him.

It turns out I can't add anyone I'm not familiar with and has Tech qualifications. Why don't we create our own group in the meantime? I used to have one but everyone lost interest!

No biggie, I sent a request to the group admins. Also sent you messages here and on FB. Hopefully we'll bump into each other in the near future.

EDIT: Was already accepted to the group... I see the upcoming trips! Sweet! :)

I dive CCR and OC these days, but I'm not really doing tech dives, though I'm certified for it. Mostly photography.

Tech dives + photography... win-win! :wink: Thanks for replying and getting the ball rolling.. appreciate it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom