Over the edge....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldschoolto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I think I may need a intervention... My back & MS is getting bad as to not being able to dive doubles.. So I'm going to put the 80 on back gas and side mount two 40's and sling the 19 pony... I'm starting to feel like those tec divers that have 6 tanks and a CCR... LoL... So lets count... 4 first stages, 4 SPG's, 5 second stages, 10 hoses and a pile of D-rings and clips... Add on the zoo keeper and the ELF for DEEP lionfish hunting and this is maybe getting out of hand..

Jim...

Why would you carry 2 40's and a 19? :confused:

Why bother with a pony at all if you're planning to sidemount a pair of anything? You no longer need the redundancy it provides.

Shame there is no "dislike" button.....

I don't get why you'd link to some double-hose reg fancy-thing? Except if you have more info than
what we have in this thread...

Edit: Nvm, hadn't read the end of that thread...

I'm using 40's because the weight and it gives me the same gas volume as twin 80's... So by gas planning I still need the pony as a bailout... Also, I plan on using the 40's as tri-mix for the deep part of the dive... This well give me about 60 cubic ft of bottom gas 60 cubic ft of travel gas and the 19 pony back up.. This solo diving gas usage mostly.. And if I wanted to, I can put Nitrox 40 in the 19 cu tank and call it a deco bottle..

jim...

Last edited:
stop going so deep. al80 is good for several hours above 30 feet.

Th
stop going so deep. al80 is good for several hours above 30 feet.

The lionfish in Bonaire are deep... last trip in Mar/April I was there for 5 weeks.. All the lionfish dives ( at least one a day) were to a 100+, And we did at least 5 dives down to 160'... On air... :) I'll be back in Bonaire for 8 weeks Sept/Oct and plan on hunting 160' to 180' with tri-mix.. That should stop the funny looks we get from the tech divers for diving air.. :rofl3:

Jim...

Back
Top Bottom