Our Next "Norte" - and it's a strong one!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like a strong quick 1 day norte next week - Wednesday - still too far out to really know - but watch windguru and you'll know within an hour or two of accuracy
It did look like the leading edge would arrive there Tuesday, but I guess it slowed some. Wunderground and Windguru seem to agree on Wednesday, for now - if it survives.

Some of the news services are threatening Another Winter Vortex next as if it was some mythical being. It's an Arctic front whether it heads straight south or curves, altho it looks like a Northwest front.

It's supposed to come through here on Saturday. It looks pretty wimpy compared to the last one - maximum winds at 9 mph and lowest temp in the mid 30's. It shouldn't cause you guys much trouble.
Did you notice anything? It was nice here today, warmer tomorrow. I don't think it was very strong, and may not last? Well, it hit the deep South hard I heard. We're expecting 72F and rangeland fire alerts tomorrow...

national_forecast.jpg

Last edited:
Did you notice anything? It was nice here today, warmer tomorrow. I don't think it was very strong, and may not last? Well, it hit the deep South hard I heard. We're expecting 72F and rangeland fire alerts tomorrow...

It got a little chilly last night compared to the previous couple of nights. My outside thermometer says 58F at the moment. No wind to speak of.

It is gorgeous here in Cozumel. :D

You must be just missing what just hit us. 35 knot or so east wind. I came running back home with my tail between my legs. It was supposed to be 5 kt winds all day. I don't know where the hell that one came from. Waves coming over the bow of my 25 foot skiff (same model as your Mexican Immemsa)

You must be just missing what just hit us. 35 knot or so east wind. I came running back home with my tail between my legs. It was supposed to be 5 kt winds all day. I don't know where the hell that one came from. Waves coming over the bow of my 25 foot skiff (same model as your Mexican Immemsa)

"Surprise, surprise, surprise...!" Gomer Pyle

We're getting 30-40 mph winds here, as expected. Blowing dirt from some sloppy farmers, range fire warnings, the usual.

If Windfinder is correct we're going to see the coldest weather I've seen in 14 years living in Belize. Tomorrow morning and the following to mornings are predicted to be as low as 12 C. Holy **** !!!. Not really strong wind but......brrrrrrrrr.
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/watl/flash-vis.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom