Our Next "Norte" - and it's a strong one!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If Windfinder is correct we're going to see the coldest weather I've seen in 14 years living in Belize. Tomorrow morning and the following to mornings are predicted to be as low as 12 C. Holy **** !!!. Not really strong wind but......brrrrrrrrr.
Western Atlantic - Visible Loop (Flash) - Satellite Services Division/Office of Satellite Data Processing and Distribution
Damn- I have plans to take a bus from Playa del Carmen to San Pedro on Friday. The long range forecast doesnt look good. Is there anywhere in the Caribbean where there is warm weather?

Damn- I have plans to take a bus from Playa del Carmen to San Pedro on Friday. The long range forecast doesnt look good. Is there anywhere in the Caribbean where there is warm weather?

The air will be cold here but the water in the sea won't get so cold. Just bring a warm jacket for the boat rides. It does look like there will be a low temp of 18 or at least for the next week. But today and now tomorrow....they're now saying 10C at midnight tonight. But dude....you're Canadian. This is nothing for you. :D
Wind, waves & weather forecast Belize Intl Airport/Ladyville - Windfinder

The air will be cold here but the water in the sea won't get so cold. Just bring a warm jacket for the boat rides. It does look like there will be a low temp of 18 or at least for the next week. But today and now tomorrow....they're now saying 10C at midnight tonight. But dude....you're Canadian. This is nothing for you. :D
Wind, waves & weather forecast Belize Intl Airport/Ladyville - Windfinder
Its ironic. I come all the way down here for warm weather and I am dealing with a norte. Back home they are having a chinook- unseasonably warm weather where winds from the west blow warm air off the Pacific. The wind gods are screwing with me. I think I need to go to one of the Mayan altars around here and do a sacrifice.

...winds from the west blow warm air off the Pacific.
In Columbia maybe. Pacific winds are chillers. I had to buy a jacket on a trip to Long Beach CA once in July...!

Port is open - we didn't lose even a day of diving with this one :) It's cool at 64f/17c - but it's a beautiful day

Wunderground reports the current conditions direct from the airport. Around midnight, both were reporting Category 5 hurricane winds - oops...! :eek:

coz2.jpg

Port is open - we didn't lose even a day of diving with this one :) It's cool at 64f/17c - but it's a beautiful day
The diving has been simply wonderful too!!
And I've even got my pics of the splendid toad fish!!!! And feeding eagle ray and great fun was had by all in the devils throat!!!!

Brace yourselves; here comes another one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom