Our Next "Norte" - and it's a strong one!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep it came in right on schedule per wind guru and buoyweather forecast. I've rarely, rarely seen them to be wrong
Haha, yeah - during the night they decided the forecast Wunderground.com had stuck to for days was right. :laughing:

I'm sure those two are good sites, but for any of the three to be right about whether it will arrive before or afternoon is a lot of luck.

We'll it was a wild night. Since this is my first time to cozumel I don't really know how these things typically play out, what do you guys think are the odds of there being no diving tomorrow? I'm trying to decide whether I should head to playa tomorrow to dive cenotes. It's probably too late to salvage today and I imagine the ferry ride would be unpleasant

Because this one is so strong, it is moving through very fast. I am not very optimistic that we will get out tomorrow based on this mornings wind forecast - unless the current forecast changes

Don, I disagree - Buoyweahter and Windguru have been spot on for the past several years - and are the authorities we rely on for planning for these things - when it said the wind would shift in the afternoon at 3:00 it did - it was like clockwork - and that's how it's been for all of the nortes still in my memory - that's not luck, it's different than predicting rain - aside from the Harbor Master which we have no choice but to abide by.

It sounds like the port is closed. Is east side diving happening?

We'll it was a wild night. Since this is my first time to cozumel I don't really know how these things typically play out, what do you guys think are the odds of there being no diving tomorrow? I'm trying to decide whether I should head to playa tomorrow to dive cenotes. It's probably too late to salvage today and I imagine the ferry ride would be unpleasant

I took the ferry to Playa yesterday. On the way back they handed out barf bags to everyone. Many passengers had to get refills.

Winguru was right on the minute yesterday…3pm. How did DD miss that?

No diving this morning
None here either, but then our reservoirs have been too low for boating for a year. I know, you paid a lot to be there and it sucks to not go out. Tuesday and Wednesday were expected blow-outs, but Thursday looks good.

I took the ferry to Playa yesterday. On the way back they handed out barf bags to everyone. Many passengers had to get refills.
I sleep, so the rocking is kinda nice. Sometimes I wake up and "WTH?!"

Don, I disagree - Buoyweahter and Windguru have been spot on for the past several years - and are the authorities we rely on for planning for these things - when it said the wind would shift in the afternoon at 3:00 it did - it was like clockwork - and that's how it's been for all of the nortes still in my memory - that's not luck, it's different than predicting rain - aside from the Harbor Master which we have no choice but to abide by.
I appreciate you providing info from those paid services. When they disagree with Wunderground, it's interesting to see who got it closer, but so much of it is luck. I hope they let y'all go the rest of the week.

Winguru was right on the minute yesterday…3pm. How did DD miss that?
What?! You mean Monday, front arrival day? I didn't miss it. Wunderground had it right for days in advance, Guru updated overnight to agree. A lot of that is luck, but I'm sure Guru is the leader. Glad y'all pay for those and share the info.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom