Our Next "Norte" - and it's a strong one!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggunn, its warmer here in Fairbanks right now, then what your predicted to have Monday night :) Got all the way up to 25F today, and yesterday was about the same. Suppose to be -15 when I fly out on Thursday to head to Cozumel, which is a lot closer to normal.

We're expecting 12F here tonight. I've seen much worse here, but don't want to. Still, got to have some real winter to control the insect carryover.
Don - Windguru and Buoyweather are much more accurate and reliable for the wind forecasts than any other site. Aside from that, of course they won't make the call until the morning when it's time. BUT - based on the windguru - winds straight out of the north at 6am at any speed is not favorable for us.
It's amazing that any of them think they can forecast whether it's going to hit before noon or after. They're right a lot more often than they used to be. Such are the marvels of technology. I guess that they all agree that it's going to hit tomorrow sometime is impressive. It looks like the front is going to try to cover all of mainland Mexico as well as the Yucatan! Still going strong...

national_forecast.jpg

By the way - forecast changed again overnight and now this thing isn't supposed to arrive until late afternoon or early evening - so port is open and everyone is diving! In fact, it's soooo calm that my guys are diving north today while they can!

Still not looking so great for tomorrow - but we shall see!

This is why I am hesatant to spend a week in COZ. Just spent a week at CoCo View and got 22 dives, 18.5 hours.

You can get some weather on Roatan too. I lost 2 days diving from a hurricane in August. You take your chances no matter where you go, or when. I lost a day of diving in Coz in March last year. It happens.
This is why I am hesatant to spend a week in COZ. Just spent a week at CoCo View and got 22 dives, 18.5 hours.

Wunderground, Windguru, etc. - lots of good sites to watch, but you never know until it happens.
I'm hesitant to go to Coz in the wintertime, but have. I used to think go to the Caribbean in the winter, but some northers carry big wallops! I've been blown out many places.

There used to be a lady posting on the Bay Islands forum who flew from Europe to meet friends at CCV, then got rained out everyday - hard rains, no diving all week. It happens.

I'm sure either location beats Wisconsin tonight...!!

I like CoCo View also, When I was there January 12' we had great weather, then I knew a group that went last year in January and they were shut out of a lot of dives due to weather, that include shore dives I was told. Isn't it nice to know you spent half a work week underwater? :)

It is here now and MAN, is it here!

Yep it came in right on schedule per wind guru and buoyweather forecast. I've rarely, rarely seen them to be wrong

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom