Oriskany Dive - Oct. 6th 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you scared? Just like the first time?

Michael

Back to the real subject here. I got some lp95's reserved at Gary's with a little 28 in them. Can't wait. Less than 3 weeks to go.

I have LP108s (I think) reserved at Gary's with "not sure yet" in them. :)

Michael

Sorry Clay...it was all Michael's fault..he started it..

I got some lp95's reserved at Gary's with a little 28 in them

How would that compare to AL80's which is what I usually dive? I wouldn't want to throw something new into the equation that I am not familiar with on a dive like this. What weight adjustment and how much more bottom time do you think and how much are they costing you?

Depends. If Gary over fills the LP95, you might get 110+- cf of air in the tank. I'm still trying to find the formula to figure out how much exactly. I'm sure with just 95cf, you'd get prolly anoter 20 minutes or so.

I think I'm paying 8 or 9 bucks for my two lp108s.

Michael

LP95 w/10% overfill(2400+ = 2640) has 95cf of gas.

Multiply 0.0359 by filled pressure to find your volume.

ie, at 3600psi, you'll have 129.5cf of gas.

AL80 holds like 78cf of gas at rated pressure. They are like 4 pounds negative full and 4 pounds positive empty. LP95 is negative 10 full and negative 3 empty. You should need 7 pounds less weight with the LP95 if you are already weighted properly. Bottomtime will be determined by either you SAC rate or NDL with whatever mix you are using.

Thanks Mat. I like the idea of less weight alot.

I have LP108s (I think) reserved at Gary's with "not sure yet" in them. :)

Michael
Now I had much rather have some 108's. Gary has them? His web site states AL80's and LP95's. If he has 108's, I think I will super size my order.:rofl3:

All you guys think about is size...

(did I say that out loud?)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom