Ordering two BM O2ptima's with Nerd 2's need help with Options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im also on the verge of a second failure on the nerd.... first was the depth sensor now its got moisture forming on the lense inside.

Why are you pushing something unconventional to a new ccr diver? seriously for what purpose?

unconventional only because it's a relatively new concept, though one Revo has had available for years. What does having the controller on your wrist do that's "better" than in your face? It is only unconventional because the concept of a full function HUD is relatively new and I think you're going to see a paradigm shift with CCR's and HUD controllers as they become more maintstream, and for good reason

Why are you pushing something unconventional to a new ccr diver? seriously for what purpose?
What of his recommendation would make an instructor’s life harder? There’s functionally no difference between having a Petrel2 monitor and a NERD2 controller and a Petrel2 controller and a NERD2 monitor other than which controls the setpoint. Yours is the first issue of a NERD2 I’ve heard that didn’t leave it pointing into the sun, though I’m sure SW addressed it swiftly.

I have blown up 3 shearwater products no fault of my own...they keep fixing them. Im only against the idea if the loop is out of divers mouth making the nerd hard to use vs something on your wrist. I just see more problems when you are already having problems.Maybe not an issue with a bov.

I have blown up 3 shearwater products no fault of my own...they keep fixing them. Im only against the idea if the loop is out of divers mouth making the nerd hard to use vs something on your wrist. I just see more problems when you are already having problems.Maybe not an issue with a bov.

what are you doing with the controller when it's out of your mouth? Bailout, switch setpoint to low, use the Petrel on your wrist for rest of dive

And you screw up in a panic dont switch it to bo or setpoint low, dont turn your o2 off. Fiddling with your other controller to bo. Now your floating off the wreck in a current. A bit extreme but my point is control over everything is in the same place always.

And you screw up in a panic dont switch it to bo or setpoint low, dont turn your o2 off. Fiddling with your other controller to bo. Now your floating off the wreck in a current. A bit extreme but my point is control over everything is in the same place always.

that doesn't hold water. If you don't switch to low setpoint/bailout in a panic mode from the loop, what is going to make you do it on your wrist?

I'd also argue that the point of control on your face where you open and close the loop is better than on your wrist where you aren't used to "controlling" anything on open circuit

The loops gone its out you are an open circuit diver in a flood, again no bov.

so what would make you remember to turn the controller to bailout on your wrist vs pulling the loop back down to switch it? Once you're off the loop and the setpoint is down, the controller doesn't matter

Back
Top Bottom