Ordered Light from LDS. Two months later still hasn't arrived

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the help guys.

No one from the shop has called me regarding it. I sent two E-Mails and left 2 voice-mail messages

I don't know for sure why I have been treated this way by the Shop

I paid in full for the product. I purchased it on July 20, 2015. No one called me until I called them on September 03. When I called they informed me that the light was at the border. They also said that the owner is unable to go get it because she was on a dive holiday and is Jet-Lagged.

When I called a couple days later they said they have an order from the manufacturer but the light was not on it.

I called the next day and found out it was never ordered. I asked for my money back but they said because I purchased the product that I would have to wait for it to arrive if they ordered it. I guess they ordered it that day.

The impression that I had was they wanted me to not call. They also said they have a policy about no refunds

I don't know how to handle it.

Tell them you're going to dispute it with your credit card issuer and if they don't immediately give you a refund, go ahead and do so. What you're describing is completely unacceptable.

I paid in full for the product. I purchased it on July 20, 2015. No one called me until I called them on September 03. When I called they informed me that the light was at the border. They also said that the owner is unable to go get it because she was on a dive holiday and is Jet-Lagged.

When I called a couple days later they said they have an order from the manufacturer but the light was not on it.

I called the next day and found out it was never ordered. I asked for my money back but they said because I purchased the product that I would have to wait for it to arrive if they ordered it. I guess they ordered it that day.
I can understand no refunds on a delivered product, but the light has yet to arrive. It's not at the shop, it's not in customs, it's at Dive Rite. All they have to do is call DR and tell them to leave X off the order.
I know of a manufacture that takes months to deliver order products but DR is not one of them.
File a dispute with your CC company and be done with them. I'm sure there are other retailers that can order the same light and have it to you with fewer headaches.

Thanks for the help guys.

No one from the shop has called me regarding it. I sent two E-Mails and left 2 voice-mail messages

I don't know for sure why I have been treated this way by the Shop

The impression that I had was they wanted me to not call. They also said they have a policy about no refunds

I don't know how to handle it.
It is practices like this that drive a huge number of divers to buy online. Dive shops are under the impression that because they fill tanks that we will continue to shop there just to keep them open due to us needing high pressure fills that are somewhat difficult to come by.

I for one got a compressor rather then be treated like that

Sent from my galaxy S5 Active.

Here's what happens with orders to Canada. USPS flat rate priority, which is what I'd use to send something like that takes 6 -10 days. Closer to 6 usually unless you're up in the Yukon territory. Then it depends on the dogs or pilot. That is 19.95 for an item that size that will fit in a padded flat rate envelope. It never gets stuck at the border. That's a lie they are telling you. US customs couldn't care less what's going unless the drug dogs hit on it or its oozing something. Canadian customs is hit and miss. They may open it and they may not. Something like a diving flashlight declared on the form . Maybe but unlikely. They may just send it on through with no duty or tax. Depends on declared value. If there is a tax you'll get an email, if one is on the form, or phone call if that is on there. The postman or post office may collect the tax if you have to pick it up there if the customs office is not really local. It will not take more than a couple weeks. Unless it's sent parcel post. That could take three to four but usually not. Priority is only a few dollars more than that so I encourage my customers to spring for that. Tell them to refund your money or you'll out them on social media. Tell them you'll take legal action through your credit card company. I'm betting the light was never even ordered. They may have even spent your money on something else.

Good Advice, Thanks

I don't feel right about posting the name of the Shop. But needless to say, I wont be shopping there any further. I had never been to this shop. It is close to my house. I always try to support my local LDS. I feel however that I was not served well.

I am a fairly easy going guy. I feel however that I have been treated unfairly and because of this I will find a company that values me as a customer.

I will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

This is the reason a lot of us shop online.

The last special order I wanted, a while back, was a 19 cuft pony bottle. They wanted just under $200 up front and said it would take 3 to 4 weeks. I went online and paid a bit over $100 including tax and shipping and had it in less than a week. With customer service like that I was not surprised when the shop changed hands recently.

Loyalty is a two way street, if I want to get screwed, I'd go to a brothel not a dive shop.

Bob

Good Advice, Thanks

I don't feel right about posting the name of the Shop. But needless to say, I wont be shopping there any further. I had never been to this shop. It is close to my house. I always try to support my local LDS. I feel however that I was not served well.

I am a fairly easy going guy. I feel however that I have been treated unfairly and because of this I will find a company that values me as a customer.

I will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

I only see a few reasons to be reluctant about posting the name of the shop. One is that you are still working on a satisfactory resolution, which is clearly the case right now for you. Another is that the shop may join the thread and get to tell its side of the story. Such an action can go either way as some shops have defended themselves well and others have just dug a deeper hole.

This is the reason a lot of us shop online.

The last special order I wanted, a while back, was a 19 cuft pony bottle. They wanted just under $200 up front and said it would take 3 to 4 weeks. I went online and paid a bit over $100 including tax and shipping and had it in less than a week. With customer service like that I was not surprised when the shop changed hands recently.

Loyalty is a two way street, if I want to get screwed, I'd go to a brothel not a dive shop.

Bob

I know what you mean.

The main reasons for shopping at a bricks and mortar shop (for me anyway) is for the service and for the ability to try/feel a potential purchase (such as a mask etc). If the service is not there, I would definitely go online unless it is something that requires fitting.

The LDS I do most business with has told me, with great regret, that the industry supply system is so bad, I should just order stuff they don't stock online, as I'll get it much faster than they can get it.

Something is very amiss in this "industry."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom