Ordered Light from LDS. Two months later still hasn't arrived

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't consider this blackmail. I consider it warning them of a pending review you plan to share, and some simple fact-checking.

As soon as you get into you do or else I'll do this to you, seems to be in a gray area that could turn into real trouble.

I'd just document the problem, and if I am not getting satisfaction, I'd warn others. No demands, no threats and no warning of what I will do. I would be, as jringold advises, be the the biggest PITA they have ever had, with respect and panache.

Bob

Fair would be to name the shop for documentation purposes so that the community here which helps the OP can make a more informed decision where to shop.

You can sue them in small claims court. Represent yourself, figure out the papers you need to file. Shouldn't be hard. However, a number have people have said to dispute the credit card charges. Why have you ignored that advice? You still haven't said how you paid (unless I missed it?) or if you have any proof of payment (receipt, emails). Until you give us more info, I don't think this thread can help. Also, post the shop name.

Summary and Conclusion

September 22, 2015

went to the shop today and they refunded the money for my Dive Light.
I placed the order near the Last week of July. That is when they processed the invoice.

No appology from the shop on this. They did not seem to care that it has taken this long and decided that they don't want me as a customer.

I feel that I have been let down by this dive shop. I tried to be reasonable and wait for the light. No one called me and told me it wasn't in or no one told me an estimated arrival time. Just that it was in customs.

I want to support my local dive shop, but, this is not a way to keep me as a customer.

I called Dive Rite and let them know about this. They said they would look into it.

They said there was no way to contact the owner besides send a General E-Mail. No phone number and the owner is never around.

I am at a loss with how to deal with This except to never go there again.

Thanks for letting us know the conclusion. I think you should let us know the shop but your call.

At least you got your refund, next time use a credit card!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You sound kind of down over this. They not only lost a customer, but you fired them as a merchant. You got your money back. You are out some time but other than that – you’ll live to see tomorrow. You are voting with your dollar. Look, I have been in the customer service business for 20+ years – I’m responsible for service for a Fortune 11 company. We didn’t get to be the largest player in our business by “firing our customers” or otherwise giving crappy service. There’s lots of competition out there. I would say that if this shop treated you the same way they treat other customers (no reason why I would think they wouldn’t unless you are a flaming butt hole of a customer which you don’t sound like you are) they will not be around for long. I have no idea what it’s like in Canada, but around here in good ol’ God’s Country (Atlanta, GA) if I can’t get something from my LDS, I can have it 2 days tops from Amazon, Leisure Pro, etc.

I’m glad that this worked out for you in the end.

I’m responsible for service for a Fortune 11 company.

What is a Fortune 11 company? Is there a Fortune 11 list? Do you mean to say that you SVP of Cust Service for AT&T?

Glad to hear you've got your money back. I would try Scuba.com and Dive Right In Scuba since they are advertisers here. They are tops in customer service.

Back
Top Bottom