Ordered Light from LDS. Two months later still hasn't arrived

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad to hear you've got your money back. I would try Scuba.com and Dive Right In Scuba since they are advertisers here. They are tops in customer service.

Do you have any advertisers on your board that have more complaints than Scuba.com?

Try DRIS.

AT&T is #47. McKesson Corp. Not SVP...... yet :D

AT&T is 12. 47 is UPS.

I once had an EVP of a Fortune 100 company tell me that they had 50,000 customers, over 50% of which were Fortune 500 companies. He never lasted long.

I am at a loss with how to deal with This except to never go there again.
Agreed - stay away. And we wish you would name the shop. Not to shame them since they did refund your money, but for the rest of us to be prepared for the same level of service. You have simply been delayed for a few months...

But you still need a light.

I am at a loss with how to deal with This except to never go there again.

Give local divers, esp. instructors a headsup about your experience, also dive clubs and forums. Send the store any one of the many online articles about customer service and how the disgruntled customer tends to tell lots of people anout his experience so handling them well is is a vital and important part of customer service.

What about contacting the Better Business Bureau or Chamber of Commerce, don't they collect complaints to guard the rep of all local business by keeping the shady ones in check?

They have left me two messages about them having the light for me now.

Seems the day after I got my money back they have it in stock.

They could not bother helping me over the many months they had my money. Now that I have it back through a refund they seem to have the light in stock.

I certainly will not be buying it. Should have kept me as a customer and not treated me like garbage.

I don't think the shop is going to be around for very long.

They have left me two messages about them having the light for me now.

Seems the day after I got my money back they have it in stock.

They could not bother helping me over the many months they had my money. Now that I have it back through a refund they seem to have the light in stock.

I certainly will not be buying it. Should have kept me as a customer and not treated me like garbage.

I don't think the shop is going to be around for very long.

As you say, I would still not buy it even if it was in stock and they offered me a discount for the hassle (unless it was a substantial one). If a shop has lost me as a customer they would have a lot of work to do to regain my trust.

Easier to buy stuff online sometimes (even though we do like to support our LDS)

As you say, I would still not buy it even if it was in stock and they offered me a discount for the hassle (unless it was a substantial one). If a shop has lost me as a customer they would have a lot of work to do to regain my trust.

Easier to buy stuff online sometimes (even though we do like to support our LDS)

I would agree. They would have to gift the light at that point for me to consider future business with them. Think about the amount of time it took calling them, following up, driving there etc. and then apply your hourly rate you get paid at work, guarantee you put more money in the form of time into following up than that light is worth......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That shop has made it abundantly clear that they don't give a **** if you're their customer or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalko

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom