Orange BCD!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firefrog:
Here is a link to another website with the ( same BC ) i think ? This is the company that makes the bc . I have dove this BC doing public safety and I will tell you this if you wear a small - xl bc then this bc will fit you . It has alot of adjustment and is very comfortable . We bought an xl and it will fit me with a Drysuit on with no problem and I wear a 2x drysuit . It also adjusted down to fit several others on the team which used a mlk - lg drysuit the nice thing about it was that if you wanted to wear a weight belt you could or if you wanted to use it as an integrated bc you could . The fron side pockets were set up to be used as a pocket or as a weight integrated system. well enough of my blabbing just thought I would give some first hand input..... here is the link http://www.hughco.com/5500searchtcb25.htm

Unless I'm wrong, there is a suicide clip attached to the BC in the picture. On a SAFETY BC used by rescue personnel!! LOL... :bangboom:

ps ...I have nothing against the BC --- just the clip :coke:

I guess with your new BC you can play around the spearfishing areas without worries of being shot? :D

dcompton:
What is a suicide clip?

I personally dont see it on the BC (but I think my vision is going :blinking:) but sucide clips are a type of clip w/ a spring opening that tend to get easily entangled in lines..

And...my BC should be here any minute now...

ORLANDO,
FL, US 05/23/2007 5:50 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
:D

UPS just dropped it off at my door!
First impressions..
It is defintely orange :D
BCD is very comfortable and fits pretty nice, Im 6'3~ 195and this is a Size Med/LG
The D Rings are nice, numerious, and steel.
Everything seems of very good quality.
The only thing I dont care for is the straps seem to be a bit long (for the horizontally challenged people i suppose) but Ill figure a way out on how to keep the straps in order..

Cant wait to try this out at the pool tomorrow!

A suicide clip is a spring loaded clip. Other clips require you to physically depress a button with your thumb to open them. Suicide clips are prone to getting fishing line or rope snagged. The line slips into the clip and snares you. NE (and most wreck divers avoid these clips for safety reasons).

There are three clips depicted in the picture of the orange BC. The middle one is a suicide clip. It is also a type of carabineer.

Here is a picture of the more usual one sold for divers. Be careful of these when diving wrecks!

Attachments

• suicide clip.jpg
    suicide clip.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 93
tridacna:
A suicide clip is a spring loaded clip. Other clips require you to physically depress a button with your thumb to open them. Suicide clips are prone to getting fishing line or rope snagged. The line slips into the clip and snares you. NE (and most wreck divers avoid these clips for safety reasons).

There are three clips depicted in the picture of the orange BC. The middle one is a suicide clip. It is also a type of carabineer.

Here is a picture of the more usual one sold for divers. Be careful of these when diving wrecks!

The BC we have been talking about does not have any of the suicide rings, on the orange BC we are talking about is all the D rings and they come in handy.
The BC with suicide ring was posted by someone else, just coz it was orange.

Nitro – Glad you liked the BC.

Thanks, yep it seems like a very high quality BC that will last me for a good amount of time..
Cant wait to try it out tonight in the pool :D

Harshal:
The BC we have been talking about does not have any of the suicide rings, on the orange BC we are talking about is all the D rings and they come in handy.
The BC with suicide ring was posted by someone else, just coz it was orange.

Nitro – Glad you liked the BC.

:11doh:

Back
Top Bottom