BCD epoxied fitting replacement for air filler hose connection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They just weld the threaded piece onto the bladder from the outside. It's just one piece.

BTW: @The2ndBest it's best not to use the pull dump on the corrugated hose on any BCD. That's likey what caused the part to rip off.
I actually don't, I prefer to hold the hose out and use the push button when releasing air from the filler hose (better control). I am not sure why this one failed (aside possibly from age and exposure to elements)

What I would do is toss that b/c in the trash after removing whatever bits that may be useful later and buy a new one.
With the flange they're actually better/stronger than with the welded connection.

I didn't find that part when I was searching for a solution. I made mine with a CAD program and 3D printer
When you repair a lot of BCDs you can just buy the parts without the dump valve part. DGX used to sell those too but I don't see it on their website anymore. Eitherway, it's probably much cheaper and easier to order them in bulk rather than 3d printing them. You also get the double layer gasket with it.
Here you can see the parts easier:

I've rebuilt several BC's in the past few years using new valves and parts that I bought from various suppliers on Fleabay. (I had to repair them as new Horse Collar BC's are few and far between) I even made a new internal air bladder for one. Here's a few tips that I learned doing it.

*Warm the bladder some to make it easier to work.
*Reinforce pass thru's with more materiel around the hole like a big gasket.
*Warm up any areas that you're going to glue to "pretty warm". That causes the glue to get sucked into the seam when it cools and contracts. (Hair dryer)
*I used a small Teflon coated iron to go over the glued areas after they were cured to help seal the seams. (Almost but not quite hot enough to melt the material)
Lastly but most important: Do NOT do the work on your coffee table in the living room if you have a "significant other". I got caught and it was terrible! I didn't think the glue smelled that bad but then I'd been breathing it for the past hour so there was that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom