Open Water Dive in the Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello all!

I am currently working on my SSI certification course in Louisiana but would like to make a vacation out of my open water training dives (the open water dives are not offered in Louisiana). Any suggestions/past experiences regarding a reputable dive shop offering certification in the Florida Keys? I want to ensure I am getting the correct training experience as a beginner diver.

Thanks!

howdy and welcome from southeast florida....pretty much all dive operations in florida keys deal with new divers....Rainbow reef divers put DMs in the water with you.

Thanks for the info! It looks like they only do PADI certification but I'll just look for one that does SSI and has favorable reviews. I've also never been to the Keys. Is there an area in particular that would be good for both diving and beach-going or are all the Keys pretty similar?

I would recommend UnderWater Unlimited in Miami. They are a SSI shop and do frequently do dives in the Keys. I have seen the instructors in classes and they are competent. Another choice would be Quiescence in the keys. I have used them for a charter trip but have not seen them do training.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom