Hello! Am new here, and am relatively new to diving!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went through PADI because it was the only shop for 100+ miles. That is PADI's one big advantage-- it has the most shops worldwide. From what I read there is little difference with most agencies (NAUI folks will point out how their agency is superior.....). It's all the same stuff, just presented a little differently. Like beginning method books for learning a musical instrument.
At least in the days before the Internet, the most common way of becoming trained was probably the same way I did it: I walked into the local dive shop and inquired about how to learn to scuba dive. I don't think I had ever heard of PADI or had any idea what a training "agency" was, let alone that there might be more than one such agency. All I knew was that that shop advertised "learn to dive" on a sign outside.

I live in southwest Florida where diving isn't as popular as I thought it would be, but I still go every chance I get.
If you were in Southeast Florida you'd find it a lot more popular. Drive across the state, the Atlantic coast is a lot more active for diving than the Gulf coast.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom