Open Invite: Monastery Panel Discussion Wednesday March 26th 7:00 PM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know if there is a procedure for this, or an answer, but you could attempt to address what to do if you're getting tumbled and the "sand" (gravel?) gets up in your reg and makes it free flow? I've not experienced this myself at Monastery but I've heard "stories".

As far as I have heard, it will be placed on several local diving websites for viewing / download.

I don't know if there is a procedure for this, or an answer, but you could attempt to address what to do if you're getting tumbled and the "sand" (gravel?) gets up in your reg and makes it free flow? I've not experienced this myself at Monastery but I've heard "stories".

This is my opinion and it will be interesting to see what the other panelists have to say Wed night March 26th at the Monastery Panel Discussion.

I'd say the most important thing is to keep the reg in your mouth. So what if it free flows. You've still got gas to handle the situation.

1. So first is keep the reg in your mouth.
2. Don't panic and try to relax.
3. Swim out away from the beach, get behind the surf and calm down. From there you can wait for help or wait for an easier set to come in on.

Of course I'll be testing these and other ideas personally after the Panel Discussion. There will be fire and EMS present just in case.

I brought this up because I was taught not to seal on a free flowing reg. Now with this partial seal, and being tumbled, it seems (i'm theorycrafting at this point) that either the reg could be knocked out of your mouth since you're not clamped down on it, or water could invade via the gap created by not sealing up on a free flowing reg.

I brought this up because I was taught not to seal on a free flowing reg. Now with this partial seal, and being tumbled, it seems (i'm theorycrafting at this point) that either the reg could be knocked out of your mouth since you're not clamped down on it, or water could invade via the gap created by not sealing up on a free flowing reg.

If you can still breathe out of your primary reg, just keep doing so. If you're sucking just water, then you'll need to find your backup reg. Even if I didn't have a 7 foot long hose connected to my primary reg, I'd still have my backup reg bungeed to my neck. That way you always know where it is.

I plan on getting it on YouTube, Chuck Tribolet's site and Cal Dept of Parks and Rec's site. And any others as we get to them.
I don't have the bandwidth or space for video. But a link to YouTube, no problem.
All things considered, there should be ONE copy of the video, that way it's really easy
to replace it. And YouTube is a fine place for that.

OK, the panel discussion is this Wednesday, hope to see many of you there!

Who's going?

OK, the panel discussion is this Wednesday, hope to see many of you there!

Who's going?

I'm going as long as I can get out of work early. I won't know until tomorrow though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom