Only one Nitrox Tank on a Multi Tank Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

michaelr

Registered
Reaction score
If you can get only one tank of Nitrox on a day you do 4-5 dives ..... does it makes sense to use it on your deepest dive (within safe PO2 limits of course), or it doesn't make a difference?

All opinions appreciated.:confused:

michaelr once bubbled...
If you can get only one tank of Nitrox on a day you do 4-5 dives ..... does it makes sense to use it on your deepest dive (within safe PO2 limits of course), or it doesn't make a difference?

All opinions appreciated.:confused:

I'd say use your nitrox on the dive that gives you the biggest advantage in terms of bottom time.

R..

Dear michaelr:

Nitrox as Nitrox

If you dive the nitrox as if it were oxygen air and use the “equivalent air depth,” I would guess that it would not make any difference as far a safety was concerned. Using it for the dive where it yields its maximum advantage, as suggested above, make sense to me.

Safety

If you dive the Nitrox on the last dive as though it were air, the nitrogen loads in the tissues would be reduced. This would confer some safety (on an already safe table).

Dr Deco :doctor:

Readers, please note the next class in Decompression Physiology :grad:
http://wrigley.usc.edu/hyperbaric/advdeco.htm

Both of these are good arguments... I would say it would not really make much of a difference as far as your overall nitrogen load or your total daily bottom time... it also depends on the CNS clock... if it is a high % O2 mix and you dove it last it could possibly run up your cns clock to an unacceptable exposure.... it's doubtful though! it may be cheaper and safer to skip the nitrox and do all the dives on air and just do a little deco.... or better yet use the NItrox to deco on the other dives!!

just get more tanks (renting I mean)

Back
Top Bottom