Omega II or XS Trimetal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spacemanspiff1974

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking for a reg that does well at depth, and I have heard good comments from a person who services oceanic regs regarding the omega as it is a servo valve. Additionally, I have read some great reviews regarding the XS trimetal reg.

Planning to take an IANTD tech course to learn more about decompression and deeper diving, so I want something that will breathe easy below 120'.

Between these two regs, does anyone have a reccomendation?

spacemanspiff1974:
I have heard good comments from a person who services oceanic regs regarding the omega as it is a servo valve.

If you want a high performance pilot/servo-assisted reg from Oceanic, get the Zeta.

spacemanspiff1974:
Planning to take an IANTD tech course to learn more about decompression and deeper diving, so I want something that will breathe easy below 120'.

I personally would go for a sealed diaphragm first stage from Apeks, Scubapro (MK17)or some Aqua Lung.

Vie:
If you want a high performance pilot/servo-assisted reg from Oceanic, get the Zeta.

I personally would go for a sealed diaphragm first stage from Apeks, Scubapro (MK17)or some Aqua Lung.

The sealed diaphram on the Zeta first stage works just as well. The Zeta is the second stage, the CDX5 is the first stage.

spacemanspiff1974:
I am looking for a reg that does well at depth, and I have heard good comments from a person who services oceanic regs regarding the omega as it is a servo valve. Additionally, I have read some great reviews regarding the XS trimetal reg.

Between these two regs, does anyone have a reccomendation?

I have two XS Scuba Tri-Metals that I have had for about a year. I bought them from a supplier here on the Hot Deals section. I have used them on a number of dives and they breathe easy and are dry. They give plenty of air shallow and work well on dives in the 150-180 range.

cerich:
The sealed diaphram on the Zeta first stage works just as well. The Zeta is the second stage, the CDX5 is the first stage.

I realise that; I have used the CDX5/Zeta combo - I just prefer Apeks first stages for doubles and Scubapro MK25 for singles due to hose routing.

HI,
Apeks 200 and Subapro MK25/S600 is the best performance for back gas.

Vie:
I realise that; I have used the CDX5/Zeta combo - I just prefer Apeks first stages for doubles and Scubapro MK25 for singles due to hose routing.

Hi,

I used Omega2 for recreational dive, but i never know how the CDX5/Zeta performance for doubles tec deep water dive.

Vie:

Jason Ooi:
HI,
Apeks 200 and Subapro MK25/S600 is the best performance for back gas.

How so?

Jason Ooi:
Hi,

I used Omega2 for recreational dive, but i never know how the CDX5/Zeta performance for doubles tec deep water dive.

I've only used the CDX5/Zeta for single tank rec dives - I imagine that the Zeta will perform very well but personally will not use a Zeta second stage for "tech" dives.

Hi Vie,
I know CDX5/Zeta is very good performance, but why not try it in "tech dive" see how the performance below 50m or 70m depth.:wink:

Vie:
I've only used the CDX5/Zeta for single tank rec dives - I imagine that the Zeta will perform very well but personally will not use a Zeta second stage for "tech" dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom