Ok I'm biting the bullet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While you're tossing supermodels around... :bang:

Naw, I'd better not. They all look REAL high maintenance. I couldn't afford one! :pity_part

Then I'm sure my wife would have something to say about it :maniac:

SHEESHHHHHHHHH, now I have to come up with 3?? Sounds pretty impossible!

Wayward Son:
While you're tossing supermodels around... :bang:

Naw, I'd better not. They all look REAL high maintenance. I couldn't afford one! :pity_part

Then I'm sure my wife would have something to say about it :maniac:

I have yet to see anyone that looked just like those wet suit models in all the dive magazines.. I am sure that they are there....

I'm a chunky butt myself and dive without any problems, a size 10 was a long time ago,.... I can identifiy with the pony keg with legs and arms....

Triple L makes great wetsuits and there custom suits are less than most manufacturers off the rack suits.

http://store.triple-l.biz/index.asp

I will tell you right now that the swim will be rough but you can do it....

Keep me posted!!!! I'll be pulling for you!!!

Hi Steelemagnolia,

Thanks for the information. I will definitely look into it. I met with an instructor last night and am very encouraged by our meeting. Thank you for the encouraging words. I'm so looking forward to diving.

Thank you again,
Tricia

steelemagnolia6:
I have yet to see anyone that looked just like those wet suit models in all the dive magazines.. I am sure that they are there....

I'm a chunky butt myself and dive without any problems, a size 10 was a long time ago,.... I can identifiy with the pony keg with legs and arms....

Triple L makes great wetsuits and there custom suits are less than most manufacturers off the rack suits.

http://store.triple-l.biz/index.asp

I will tell you right now that the swim will be rough but you can do it....

Keep me posted!!!! I'll be pulling for you!!!

As for weight and diving. My $.02:

I was 6'5" and 330# when I did my OW cert at the end of 1999.

I too struggled with whether I should even start, wondering if I'd be able to hack it. What I found out changed my life.

Love of diving, first of all, got me off the couch, away from Blockbuster, out of the fridge, and off to exciting places (to dive).

Love of diving, and a desire to extend my bottom time, slowly but surely, encouraged me (with great positive reinforcement - longer dives) to increase the amount of exercise in my life. Today, almost six years later, I'm 6'5" 175# - I just ran the Palm Beach Marathon last November, all thanks to that first decision to take the OW class.

(P.S. Still working on the air consumption thing!)

If you're interested, another site you may want to take a look at for conditioning & weight loss is Men's Health:

Men's Health Forums

Just about any which way you care to tackle the problem, someone is or has been doing it. I strongly recommend reading these threads:

So you want to lose fat

Clean Eating

The majority of the basics for what you need to know to make it work is covered in those.

Hey Colin,

Don't worry, I met with ReneeC Last night...GOING FOR IT!! :wink: :) :) :) :)

CBulla:
Don't stop the momentum... keep it going.. keep the goal in sight and don't look back!!!

Hi DriftDiver

I love that story! This is what I call a true success story! Congratulations on all your complishments. I am aspiring for the same and work at it every day of my life! I'm so excited I can hardly sit straight. I met with who I believe will be my instructor last night, and i'm going for it!! I applaud you for sharing your story with me, it is such encouragement. So looking forward to my dive future!!

Thank you again for sharing,

Tricia

DriftDiver:
As for weight and diving. My $.02:

I was 6'5" and 330# when I did my OW cert at the end of 1999.

I too struggled with whether I should even start, wondering if I'd be able to hack it. What I found out changed my life.

Love of diving, first of all, got me off the couch, away from Blockbuster, out of the fridge, and off to exciting places (to dive).

Love of diving, and a desire to extend my bottom time, slowly but surely, encouraged me (with great positive reinforcement - longer dives) to increase the amount of exercise in my life. Today, almost six years later, I'm 6'5" 175# - I just ran the Palm Beach Marathon last November, all thanks to that first decision to take the OW class.

(P.S. Still working on the air consumption thing!)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom