Ok .... Doug

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob Vincent

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
St. Louis Missouri / Diver's Paradise NOT!
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey Doug

Ok now in the July issue of Scuba Diver it rates new regs for 08.

Is the Aeris Ion AT400 DVT the same reg as the EOS FDX-10 DVT? If so why is one rated better than the other? If they ask for test regs wouldn't you at lease send a well tuned one? I'm wondering about the weight of each thinking they was the same. Aeris was listed as 2 lbs. 9 ounces. The EOS was listed at 2 lbs. 10 ounces. Doug what gives?

Are they the same? Not? Weights listed wrong? How are they sent in for the reviews? Is Scuba Diver doing anything here? Doug we need enlightenment here.

Congarts on the Hollis turning in perfect scores on the breathing machine! The 212 2nd with the 1st stage that has the turret swivel. The other 1st stage looks like a FDX-10 to me. Is it?

:confused::popcorn::coffee:

I'm asking these questions so I can choose a new reg. The EOS I'll just buy a 2nd to go with my FDX-10 DVT. Simple.

The Hollis might be the way to go if it's that much better.

The Aeris?

Ok now I found this DiveAeris.com - Scuba Diving Regulators - ION

The ION looks like a CDX-5 1ST AND IT TURNED IN PERFECT SCORES.

I can get a my hands on a brand new never used CDX-5/ZETA. Ummmmmm should I go backwards?

Explain

The new aeris regulator looks like a cdx-5 first stage, the second stage looks like an old ZX second stage, (i beleive it was called the ZX). The ZX was out a few years ago in the oceanic line with an FDX-10 first stage. I personally own an EOS. I just took my EOS into 36 degree water at 120 feet in lake erie and it worked amazing, the reg was easy to breath and never once hinted at freezing up. You probly cant go wrong with either reg but like i said i like the EOS.

I hope they will sell the Ion Second by itself. I have (2) CDX5 first stages setup DIN right now. One has a GT3 and Aeris Gyro on it. The other has nothing and is planned for as a pony setup.

For my pony setup I want to move the GT3 to it and add a small pony guage. For my main reg I want to keep the Aeris Gyro and switch the GT3 with the Ion. If the Ion is not sold by itself I'm just going to keep my regs how they are and buy an Alpha 8 octo for the pony setup.

The new aeris regulator looks like a cdx-5 first stage, the second stage looks like an old ZX second stage, (i beleive it was called the ZX). The ZX was out a few years ago in the oceanic line with an FDX-10 first stage. I personally own an EOS. I just took my EOS into 36 degree water at 120 feet in lake erie and it worked amazing, the reg was easy to breath and never once hinted at freezing up. You probly cant go wrong with either reg but like i said i like the EOS.

I had a Zeta it was on a CDX 1st. The ZX was a short lived item on a FDX-10 1st.

I'm looking for the best breathing reg in the HOLLIS FAMILY.

My question to Doug

Aeris ION ... BUT is it a CDX 1st?

Oceanic EOS

Hollis 212 with the #1 1st? The #2 faired worse than the 1st with a swival.

:shakehead:

(I posted a tread on the Delta 4 FDX-10 about cold water test from NOAA. lOOK IT UP. It's nothing new about Oceanic's cold water performance on their reg's.)

Bob i dont think you can go wrong with any of those regulators, like i said i have an oceanic eos and i like it a lot more than the aqualung legend that i replaced it with. Im not sure what kind of diving you do but the eos handles the great lakes well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom