Ok, BP/W lovers!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lil' Irish Temper:
rocket_pack_back.jpg

:eyebrow:

Oh yeah, and I only want it in Black, put as many little z's on it as you want.

What is is the SPG doing between the tanks? The wing is too small. OMG, are those bungees?!? Only a true stroke would wear that! :wink:

I'll take two. :D

I kinda like the buit in STA.

Yes... built in STA for sure. Short inflator hose with no pull dump. Donut wing with one pull dump on the bottom outer left. No gimmicky SS inflator... simple standard one will suffice. 30# and 40# lifts are just right for *most* applications. Long and narrow rather than short and wide to reduce taco effect and also get buoyancy toward the bottom to counter the weight belt. Done right, Zeagle will take the market.

Uncle Pug:
Yes... built in STA for sure. Short inflator hose with no pull dump. Donut wing with one pull dump on the bottom outer left. No gimmicky SS inflator... simple standard one will suffice. 30# and 40# lifts are just right for *most* applications. Long and narrow rather than short and wide to reduce taco effect and also get buoyancy toward the bottom to counter the weight belt. Done right, Zeagle will take the market.
No question. Zeagle of all companies is poised to market this to the masses. They have the name, the shops, and the respect of divers, unlike Dive Rite or OMS which have comparatively few shops and are seen as "tech diving specific" companies.

Please, please.. make it simple, make it effective, make it tough, give it the right inflator (if you must give a pull dump, make a standard inflator an even-exchange option), give it the right price, and you will really have a winner on your hands Scott.

BTW.. assuming you build an STA of some sort into it, sell it WITH the right bolts to bolt the wing to the plate.

Single Tank Adapter

Wayward Son:
STA means what, please?
Single Tank Adapter - it gives a channel shaped seating for a single tank and allows for the tank to be bolted to the BP. Double tanks bolt directly to the plate, this is for single tanks as they dont have bolts between bands. Some wings have a built-in STA as part of the wing that supports the tank (prevents rolling side to side like the channel shaped frame) which you can thread the tank bands through and use in lieu of the larger piece of channel framing. Someone must have pics....

pants!:
No question. Zeagle of all companies is poised to market this to the masses. They have the name, the shops, and the respect of divers, unlike Dive Rite or OMS which have comparatively few shops and are seen as "tech diving specific" companies.

Please, please.. make it simple, make it effective, make it tough, give it the right inflator (if you must give a pull dump, make a standard inflator an even-exchange option), give it the right price, and you will really have a winner on your hands Scott.

BTW.. assuming you build an STA of some sort into it, sell it WITH the right bolts to bolt the wing to the plate.

I agree with Pants on all mentioned...but, for those who prefer using an STA, it would be nice to have the option.

edited...
Sorry, I should have read Pants's response closer...Yes, if you guys make an STA, please keep in mind plate variations when setting up the attachment bolts.

Wayward Son:
STA means what, please?
Single Tank Adapter.

The hump in a backplate is designed to allow space to bolt doubles to it. With a single tank and no adapter, the tank can roll around to the left and right on top of the naturally unstable hump.

The adapter is either a separate V-shaped plate (here) bolted to the backplate to give a channel for the single tank to sit in, or it's stabilizing rods or similar built into the wing itself. Having a built-in STA gives the obvious advantage of having fewer parts and is easier to travel with, not to mention lighter.

jrk:
I agree with Pants on all mentioned...but, for those who prefer using an STA, it would be nice to have the option.
With the current connection method the way Zeagle got around the STA was using rubber inserts on the threaded tank bands which worked ok, but not as well as an STA. Could it be made in both styles for those who want it to have it as an upgrade option?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom