Ok, BP/W lovers!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hermosadive:
I think the money lies in marketing to the recreational diver to educate and demystify the backplate & wing configuration. This will offer increased sales opportunity over the existing competition.

The commercial problem with this approach is you risk attacking your own market for more complex (and expensive) BC's.

hermosadive:
He is completing testing on a new 50# bladderless wing, currently code named "Razor".

Maybe it will go well with our new piston regulator, which is also named "raZor" - but I better not let THAT cat out of the bag just yet... :11:

This gives me proof that there is good interest in this project if we can do it correctly!!!! Thanks for all the response, and please keep in coming!!!!

Scott

I would like to volunteer myself as a product tester.

I know Zeagle can be dangerous stuff but am willing to lay it on the line for the good of ScubaBoard and the free world ... and a free sample :wink:

Ps: I was only kidding about the dangerous stuff but not the free sample or testing stuff

TCDiver1:
I would like to volunteer myself as a product tester.

I know Zeagle can be dangerous stuff but am willing to lay it on the line for the good of ScubaBoard and the free world ... and a free sample :wink:

Ps: I was only kidding about the dangerous stuff but not the free sample or testing stuff

I think it is the least we can do. Sure, we may have given ideas but a chance to test it out in real life would more effective. Remember, it's for the customer's sake. :D

Uncle Pug:
Actually I think Scott is thinking single tank wing on this (hopefully)... if so it is meant specifically to accomodate single tanks. The market for double tank wings is small and already has plenty of suppliers that are doing a good job. Trying to make a wing that would work for both doubles and singles guarantees you miss both targets.

I agree with this, and I think the best market for Zeagle to address would be recreational single tank divers. Not all backplates are designed for doubles, though; I have the jetharness flat plate that's specifically for singles. As far as I know, that's the only one, though. If Zeagle could provide, at the right price, a good single tank set up that allows rec divers to really get the benefits of BP/W diving, they could do VERY well.

This wouldn't cut into your BC market too much, would it Scott? How about something that has the advantages of the scout for warm water single tank diving(simplicity!) plus the trim/stabilty advantages of BP/W?

Talking of the rec market in general that Zeagle has a part in - the wings from all other Zeagle BC's can be used on a BP, so are you intending the donut to be interchangable and an option on the BC's too?

Not sure how you might market that in a name though they all make me think of fat people:
Ranger Donut - is this a retired cop?
Escape(d) Donut - cant prevent the bulge
Zena Donut - Warrior of the meal
Scout Donut - always prepared with a dozen
Stilleto Donut - sounds a bit juxtaposed to me
Ranger 911 Donut - seriously doesnt make you think of cops?
Ranger Tech Donut - now i see computer geeks at help desks filling their cubicals with donuts.
i cant recall the full line up of BC's, but these are a start - do you think there is market to suggest a change in the regular BC's or offering these as an option? I was only being sarcastic regarding the name, but the rest is serious enough.

Actually all of those ideas make me think of fat people doing

ScottZeagle:
Ok, here is your chance.

What is your favorite wing for a BP, and why?

An idea of whether you are diving cold or warm water, steel or aluminum BP, etc. would be helpful as well.

I finally got the "green light" on the donut style wing, so I need to know what YOU guys are looking for. If you love one particular brand and model of wing, feel free to say so.

Thanks,

Scott

I use either an OXYQUE for the rare occasion that I dive dbls. For my RB I use a DIVE-
RITE WREC WING. The WREC WING fits about the best I've seen under the hoses, they don't inflate and push on them.

Scott-
For what its worth I would have bought a Zeagle BP/W if this type was available when I was shopping. You guys make great products and regs, and I like that there made in the US. Good luck....I am very excited about this project. Keep us posted.

ScottZeagle:
Ok, here is your chance.

What is your favorite wing for a BP, and why?

An idea of whether you are diving cold or warm water, steel or aluminum BP, etc. would be helpful as well.

I finally got the "green light" on the donut style wing, so I need to know what YOU guys are looking for. If you love one particular brand and model of wing, feel free to say so.

Thanks,

Scott

i used to love the HALCYON PIONEER SS Backplate, was my favorite wing til i got my hands on the new HALCYON ECLIPSE SS Backplate with 27lb wing for singles.

ive used halcyon on all my dives since dive 1. never looked back and never regretted either.

mattboy:
How about something that has the advantages of the scout for warm water single tank diving(simplicity!) plus the trim/stabilty advantages of BP/W?

It's hard to get much simpler than a BP/W unless you switch to a tank pack.

Back
Top Bottom