Ok, BP/W lovers!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pants!:
Bout time.

Take the Pioneer, make it stronger, offer it in at least two lift capacities (say 20 and 35 lbs), and you have a winner.

Same thing he said BUt I would say 27 and 35lbs.

This seems like good news Scott!

Also dont make the corrugated hose super long, please.

1. Short corrugated hose, or the option for a short corrugated hose.
2. 90° connector without integrated pull dump, or the option for a 90° connector without integrated pull dump.
3. Small cone-shaped knob on pressure relief valve, no sleeves though (like on the DR Venture).
4. Slow inflator, with the manual inflator pointed *toward* me.
5. More than one pair of grommets for flexibility in mounting.
6. STA options (weighted, etc.)

Would be for cold freshwater and warm saltwater, I'm thinking 40-ish lbs of lift?

StSomewhere:
1. Short corrugated hose, or the option for a short corrugated hose.
2. 90° connector without integrated pull dump, or the option for a 90° connector without integrated pull dump.
3. Small cone-shaped knob on pressure relief valve, no sleeves though (like on the DR Venture).
4. Slow inflator, with the manual inflator pointed *toward* me.
5. More than one pair of grommets for flexibility in mounting.
6. STA options (weighted, etc.)

Would be for cold freshwater and warm saltwater, I'm thinking 40-ish lbs of lift?

I use the ap valves travel wing with their abs plate - http://www.apvalves.com/ - the hose could be shorter and i'd have prefered a second cam strap but in terms of the shaping and production quality on the donut itself its absolutely outstanding.

i use a 40# halcyon eclipse for single tank diving, cold water, drysuit. so far there's nothing i would change about it other than the price.

Please make the bladder fit properly into the wing. I have the DR REC wing, and the bladder is bigger than the wing. Result - air gets trapped.

For the horse shoe, dump valves on both sides.........DIR guys will love this

Short hose
VARIOUS mounting options
compact
with a nice valve layout

I was happy when I saw this thread, thanks Scott.

If you can duplicate, make better and stronger, Halcyon Eclipse or Pioneer wings and make it with a inflator that will also resist freezing in extremely cold conditions. Also please make it with enough lift for cold water using 95-121 lb steel cylinders.

I have been looking at different BP/W systems and the only 4 things I came up with were: 1. I like the Halcyon wing, but do not want the "DIR" one piece webbing.
2. I like your Deluxe Stainless BP Harness setup.
3. The OMS comfort harness may also be a choice, w/ halcyon wing
4. I think with Zeagle Deluxe Stainless BP/new donut style wing, will be
just what I am looking for.

I am looking forward to see what you come up with.

ScottZeagle:
. . . . so I need to know what YOU guys are looking for.
Marginally off target but I would say "Demo Days!"

I want to convert, but I don't know enough to know what I want / need and I don't know enough to know what I don't know. Fortunately I have SB to learn from.

Wristshot

rocket_pack_back.jpg

:eyebrow:

Oh yeah, and I only want it in Black, put as many little z's on it as you want.

I use a Halcyon Pioneer 27, mostly for S. Florida drifting. Pretty nice product. I'll bet with a gusset of a couple of inches it could be a smaller profile, but that would mean more seams (potential failure points over the years) and higher production costs. They did have a run of wings with pinholes a few years back and I'll bet that could be avoided with a little thicker coating on the inside. Definitely go with a short corrugated hose and plain elbow, no pulling on the corrugated hose garbage. I prefer a separate STA rather than the built-in, but keep it small for a low profile. A little bit of taper would probably help a lot of people keep their heads down and fins up as well as ride them a touch higher on the surface.

I think it's pretty cool that you are asking for design suggestions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom