Ok, BP/W lovers!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I might get nailed for this one, but my biggest complaint is the pricing of wings; $300+ is pretty steep for a bag with an inflator. I'd try to come up with something that the typical single tank rec diver can use with either a plate or harness that doesn't cost a fortune!

AND NOT A MOMENT TOO SOON !!!

Thanks for the on-going R&D, Scott!!!
I've been hoping for this for a long time.

1: Doughnut style, not unlike the Dive Rite "Venture" wing. Slightly tapered from top to bottom for streamlining.

2: 40# - will support a steel 120, back plate and a few extra pounds of ditchable weight.

3: Bullet proof construction, like the rest of your B/C's

4: One of my personal preferences - have the pressure relief valve on the surface (top side of B/C when one is in horizontal diving position) for easier venting.

5: Available with continuous (solid) 90 degree elbow and short hoses.

the K

Yes! COLORS!

Uncle Pug:
Well... we've already been working on this but if you want to take it into production feel free.
Black would be better of course.
batman.jpg
That is just soooooo wrong. :lol:

RiverRat:
I have the Oxycheq 45# singles wing. It's great for all around single tank diving. I'm told it's profile is more like that of a 30# wing.

This is what I just bought as well.

-Ben

Edited to add: cold water.

The Kraken:
4: One of my personal preferences - have the pressure relief valve on the surface (top side of B/C when one is in horizontal diving position) for easier venting.

I was going to mention this.

Make sure it is in a location that is easy to grab. If your really feeling generous, put one on the inside (front) so it is easy to dump while supine. :D

RiverRat:
I have the Oxycheq 45# singles wing. It's great for all around single tank diving. I'm told it's profile is more like that of a 30# wing.
Ditto. I can't compare wings 'cause this is the only one I've used. But, the Oxycheq 45# has the smaller profile because of the bellows effect of the interior of the donut. At first I was skeptical that this would work and actually retract into the correct position, but it seems to do the job well enough. It's great having the extra lift if I should need/want it and still keep the smaller profile of, say, a 30# wing.

I also like the rear dump placement, which I end up using most of the time.

Two other suggestions:

1) Optional sticker that says "Halcyon" to apply to wing (add $50.00).

2) Lots of colorful little bungee cords to squeeze the air out of the wing.

:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom