Oil pressure regulator rebuild advise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blue Abyss

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I have a Mako/Bauer K13 (which I believe is a Utilus R) and the oil pressure regulator is starting to leak a bit more that the occasional drip. I got a rebuild kit from Lawrence Factor-New Parts folks but I don't have any information on how to rebuild this other than the parts diagram. Are there any areas that have to be torqued specifically or any tricks to rebuilding one of these?
Any advise would be helpful.

Thanks
BB

K13-1.jpg K13%20Oil%20Pressure.jpg

Hi BB,

Thanks for purchasing our products!

Your compressor is a very old Utilus-H (rated 3500psi) which was discontinued in the late 60's/ early 70's. the oil regulator on this block doesnt use an adjustable screw, instead it uses shims behind the spring or under the seat (not sure which) and the tighter the assembly (more shims) the higher the pressure, the looser (less springs) the lower the pressure. when rebuilding, replace the ball and the seat only and make sure everything else stays the way it was when you opened it.

Thanks again,
Gabe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom