Oceanic regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pepperbelly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
After being wrong for a while about what I have, and after contacting Oceanic customer service, I have figured out what regs I have.
I have an Oceanic PX2 first stage and a Delta2 second stage. The PX2 is a balanced piston design, and the Delta2 has a knob to allow me to adjust the breathing effort. The swivel on the first stage is handy.
I was looking around and asking about upgrading my regs, but it doesn't look like that is necessary now. I think they do need to be tuned, but they are due for service soon and will be then.

About where do these regulators rank and compare to other regulators? I am just curious- I am not going to replace these.

I think the PX2 is a fine regulator. It's predecessor the Pre-95 Balanced Piston is a Scubapro MK5 clone and uses the same service kit as the PX2 . The biggest improvement in the PX2 is that the body o-ring is held in by plastic rings making it easier to service.

As long as they aren't bottom of the barrel garbage they should serve me fine.

If I do decide in the future to upgrade what regs would be considered a good step up? I don't dive enough to buy top rung gear, but what would be a logical improvement?

there isn't one. You have a 5 port, swivel turret, balanced first stage, and a user adjustable second stage.

Specific reasons to upgrade, ice diving. That's about it.

It's not a reg that I would necessarily recommend to anyone, but there is no reason to upgrade to anything else

deep 6/hog/dive rite if buying new and especially if you are considering servicing yourself

apeks/scubapro/atomic also worth considering if you get a really great deal or buying used

Last edited:
I had the Delta 2 second stage. I thought it was too big, uncomfortable and just a pain to use. Performance is OK I guess, but that second stage gets a thumbs down from me. Just about anything is better than that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom