Pony Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteveT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I’m looking for an inexpensive bullet-proof regulator for my pony at recreational depths and wanted to get some thoughts on my options…

MK2 + RXXX used is probably top of my list if I can find a deal in DIN (let me know if you have something!)

Does anyone have experience with the first stages from DGX below? It looks like a flow-by piston just like the MK2 but I’m not sure if they are equivalent? There are a lot of similar copies out there and I’m curious how they compare to the MK2.

There is a used Atomic set I could get cheap locally, looks like a brass first stage with Ti2 second stage.

Also considering this as a diaphragm option but a little more than I’d like to spend.

Any feedback on these would be appreciated, thanks!

I would get a used MK2. I just put together a deco reg for high FO2 blends, and I used a MK2 and a 108 2nd stage. I put a button SPG on it. I’m really happy with it for all sorts of reasons.

Looking at that DGX flow by piston, for the price that looks good, just make sure you can get parts for it.

Appreciate the thoughts!

Anyone have experience with that DGX flow-by first stage?

Yeah. It's a bullet-proof flow-by piston. Has flow close to the Mk2, but not the Mk2EVO.
For a pony at recreational depths, it's a slam dunk value. Good price, available parts, no Scubapro dealer-only BS.

Yeah. It's a bullet-proof flow-by piston. Has flow close to the Mk2, but not the Mk2EVO.
For a pony at recreational depths, it's a slam dunk value. Good price, available parts, no Scubapro dealer-only BS.
Exactly the information I was looking for, thanks!

Just saying, recently I had two 80 cf tanks that were in need of a fill and VIP and so I needed to drain them to have that done. Both tanks were set to 2,000 psi. I installed a Titan LX first stage on one (basically the same as a Conshelf/Core) and on the other I installed a Scubapro Mark 2 Evo. I left one LP port on each first stage open. It was off to a race to the bottom and the Mark 2 kicked arse if I might say until right at the end the Titan tried a comeback but it was too late, so it was Mark 2 Evo by two lengths. YRMV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom