Oceanic Geo 2.0 Cable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Revid1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've used my Geo 2.0 for several dive trips and really like the computer. Is the download cable worth $90? I was going to purchase an iphone app but think that this might be much better for analyzing dives? Appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

I have the Geo. I got the cable half price at a sale. Oceanlog is OK plus it has the option of adding pictures. Check SCUBAToys. May be able to get some deal on it in the next few months. I use it for freediving.

Anything i-related would still require data. If you want a dive profile, if you want any detailed data to analyze, you need the cable. If you don't have the data it won't matter what diving log or i-thingy you have.

The supplied Oceanlog software is merely OK. It works, but is not great. After I bought the cable for my Veo, I bought Diving Log 5.0. Much better software with a customizable layout for both data entry and printing. Worth the extra cash. There are other log programs out there that get good reviews as well, this was my choice.

But none of the programs are worth the money over a paper log if you can't download the detail data from your computer.

I've used my Geo 2.0 for several dive trips and really like the computer. Is the download cable worth $90?.... .
I don't know if a cable is "worth" $90 .... but, being able to properly analyze your dives might be.

divepal_oceanic_geo2.jpg

Here an example on how to import dives from the Geo 2.0

[video=youtube;6lH8c_iZt8E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lH8c_iZt8E[/video]

Alberto (aka eDiver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom