Looking to Upgrade from My Oceanic VTX Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeannie Knierim

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
When I first started diving, I purchased the Oceanic Dive Computer with Air Integration. I have not had any trouble with it except for it being hard to read closer to the surface on a bright sunny day. My adult son is diving now and does not have any equipment. I thought I might upgrade my dive computer and pass on mine to my son. Like I said, I really liked my Oceanic VTX with the exception to it being harder to read it in bright light. Do the pros here have any recommendations on what I should purchase that is similar to what I have with a brighter screen so it is easier to see in bright conditions?

Depends on your budget, but I’d definitely look at Shearwater. They will work with the same transmitter as your current VTX. I did similar with my kids. They are currently running Oceanics, and I’m using a Shearwater Perdix AI. All work great with Oceanic transmitters.

I have no trouble seeing the screen in pretty much any conditions.

Back
Top Bottom