Oceanfest Friday Night Dive/Party!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OKAY! There is a Definite night dive around 7:00 PM (1900). Depending on my sleep time a possible late afternoon dive. I hope the locals have all the places to get our tanks "JAMMED" (for Lee) so that we are not driving around looking for a place.

Marvel needs to get a compressor!

Marvel:
Nope! You didn't miss it! Friday April 15th. Gonna come?

Marvel,
My wife and I would like to come and join you guys! We paln to show up around 7 pm so save one dive for me.
As for foods and things, what do you suggest we bring?

Marvel:
Ya know? Nobody has said what time they are coming. I'm taking the day off so if anyone wants to come over during the day & dive or hang out, let me know! I do have a couch available if anyone needs it Friday/Saturday night. Also, for those few souls that don't know where I live yet, PM me for directions.

Can a Texas boy join this shingding? I'm coming in late Thursday night to visit a friend, and we are interested in diving during the day so maybe we''ll join you early friday.

DiverG:
Can a Texas boy join this shingding? I'm coming in late Thursday night to visit a friend, and we are interested in diving during the day so maybe we''ll join you early friday.

same admonition as everyone else has receieved:

Yes!

But, bring lot's of money, lot's of alcohol and be prepared for lot's of fun! (Hmm.. longnecks sound good!)

Oh, I think you will have a wonderful time diving with all these silly people :D

(hmm... guess I shoud have said all of US silly people) :rofl:

Jeff

DiverG:

Come on out!!! As diverdoh has indicated, we generally EVENTUALLY manage to congregate in the same place at the same time.....though never any guarantees!!
Friday night will be certain; we generally find that a pot-luck food concept works well; bring a little something for you; be prepared for everyone to be sharing a little of everything.

That said, to the group as a whole: I've got some fixins for kebabs to be grilled; if anyone wants to add to that, please feel free.
I will also be making a limited vintage of Rum Punch from the various leftovers of the last party.......first come, first served!!!!!

Whoa, I just went back and did a numbers count for all who said they're coming....we're currently at 20 if all come.....guess I need to head back to the grocery store for more kebab!

I also have plastic cups, and limited chip selections from the last party.

Can someone who's not sure what to bring maybe stock up on ice? Always handy for keeping in the coolers......

joeamit:
Marvel,
My wife and I would like to come and join you guys! We plan to show up around 7 pm so save one dive for me.
As for foods and things, what do you suggest we bring?

Cool Joe! You remember where I live, right? As to what to bring- I don't think anyone has volunteered for drinks- either alcoholic or non-alcoholic. Ice & a cooler would also be very helpful at this point. This is growing by leaps & bounds! :fruit:

Heer's what I know is being brought so far:

Chicken for the grill
Burgers & buns
Sausage
Bucket of potato salad & cole slaw
Whatever Krista's got in her fridge :wink:
Ice
Plasticware
Sausage rolls

If I've missed anything or anybody please repost. As I've said, I'm going to be around most of the day except for an AM trip to the grocery store & my LDS for fills. I think I've sent everyone who's PM'ed me directions. There's other people coming from sd.com so we're going to have quite a big gathering!

Marvel,
I think I originally said I would bring Broccoli salad, but I am thinking more along the line of asparagus vinaregette....or maybe both, depends on the weather.......
I am hoping to get in a dive in the morning with dennis and will drill him for directions....
Mary

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom