not just Monterey ... but MonterA+ !!! --- parts 1&2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eileen,

Glad you had such a nice time. You took some awesome pics. I'm really kicking myself that I didn't join you guys since my trip for Tues & Wed got cancelled due to weather. At least I made it down for Friday and Sat. of the following week. Count me in on your next visit!

Great story. Thanks. It was a quick unplanned dive trip from San Fransisco to Monterey in '85 that resparked my love of diving, after being away from the sport for too many years. Beautiful bay and great warm water (relatively) diving, after diving only New England and New York waters before that. Really great memories.

nkw5:
Eileen,

Glad you had such a nice time. You took some awesome pics. I'm really kicking myself that I didn't join you guys since my trip for Tues & Wed got cancelled due to weather. At least I made it down for Friday and Sat. of the following week. Count me in on your next visit!
Will do! I'm hoping to make it back out there in the fall. I'm starting a new job next week, and need to build up some vacation time first.

I'll be certain to let you know my timeframe once things start coming together.

Cool beans! More buddies!

Hi Eileen,

Wow, I just logged on after a few weeks! I am glad you had a blast...I knew you would. I really like the lunch idea you had and brought for everyone. Will add that to my shore dives this summer. Your photos are amazing and most seeing California through your eyes helps me remember how lucky we all are to have such great diving at our front door.

If you ever come down to San Monica area please let me know and I will hook you up with some great diving..

Ciao for now
Angelique

I'm glad if my post reminded you Californians how fortunate you are. I'm debating doing a dive this weekend in water that's maybe 44 degrees at the surface, and I'll be wearing a 7mm wetsuit. It's just nuts! It takes so long for our water to warm up. ~sigh~

Thanks for the compliment regarding the pictures. I managed to take about 400 during my entire trip, but when I think back, there's so much I didn't photograph. I certainly don't have enough of the metridiums and just HAVE to go back for at least that dive.

I've also learned that ScubaBoard is THE place to look for dive buddies, and will certainly post in the appropriate section whenever I'm traveling. Santa Monica isn't in the plan, but perhaps it should be?

Eileen

dutchgreek:
Hi Eileen,

Wow, I just logged on after a few weeks! I am glad you had a blast...I knew you would. I really like the lunch idea you had and brought for everyone. Will add that to my shore dives this summer. Your photos are amazing and most seeing California through your eyes helps me remember how lucky we all are to have such great diving at our front door.

If you ever come down to San Monica area please let me know and I will hook you up with some great diving..

Ciao for now
Angelique

Hi Eileen,
I just stopped by to tell you that I did get registered on scubaboard. I had a great time on our weekend of diving, I hope I will be able to hook up with everybody for round 2,if and when that happens. You truly did a awesome job writing about the weekend. I hope everything is going well with new job!! I only have 3 more days until I can get wet and try out new dry suit. Later Keith

Hey there Keith....and welcome to SCUBABOARD...my second home when I'm not diving.

Seattle was fun, though COLD. But I got some great pics before my hands gave out (JK). Check out my photo gallery on SB or at http://photos.yahoo.com/scubajunkee.

Let's go diving again, let me know when you're on the west coast again.

Ericson

Hi Ishie and Erickson,
I am going diving in the Washington state monday through wednesday. I am hooking up with 3 other people for the first 2 days,one of them is a guy I dove with in Feb. Then a different guy on wednesday. I met these guys on northwest divers board. Ya Erickson it is about 10 degrees difference between Monterey and Seattle. I got some pretty good underclothing for my new drysuit,so I should be nice and toasty. Keith

It's a reunion! Welcome Keith.

You guys will each be in the water well before me, so be sure to enjoy it enough for me as well. I did just pick up another layer, so maybe I'll try the Dive into Earth Day dives next week. I'll have to see how I'm feeling and where the water is at.

Sure wish I was there instead!

Eileen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom