not just Monterey ... but MonterA+ !!! --- parts 1&2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is killing me... I have a chance to dive Monterey this weekend but it's just too cold for my taste. Thanks for the photos... once I get some dry suit experience/cert I'll be sure to dive out there.

ahh you don't need a drysuit, heck you are from Virginia!!!! And its way too cold for us there!! Just get a 7mm and dive in

Chuck Tribolet:
The diving is great here year-round, though once the winter storms kick in, you do have
to sit out more days. Between the storms can be the best diving of the year. Less
sunlight means less green. If I could only dive one week a year, it would be the week
between Christmas and New Year's. If I had to pick a month to miss, it would be
August (max green).
Good points to know. Thanks Chuck!

zboss:
This is killing me... I have a chance to dive Monterey this weekend but it's just too cold for my taste. Thanks for the photos... once I get some dry suit experience/cert I'll be sure to dive out there.
One of the guys in our group signed up with a shop and did his drysuit class in Monterey. Might be a way for you to kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.

Don't resist the temptation of Monterey. You won't be sorry!

Great post eab! We take it for granted how nice the diving can be here. Hope that when you come back, I can join the fun.

Bruce

zinmaker:
Hope that when you come back, I can join the fun.

Me too! The more, the merrier.

Eileen

Chuck Tribolet:
The diving is great here year-round, though once the winter storms kick in, you do have
to sit out more days. Between the storms can be the best diving of the year. Less
sunlight means less green. If I could only dive one week a year, it would be the week
between Christmas and New Year's. If I had to pick a month to miss, it would be
August (max green).

I totally agree Chuck...winter diving is very nice in Monterey. By the way, it was a pleasure meeting you on Saturday, even if I was floating out off the coast of Carmel somewhere. :wink: How was your dive?

I was stationed at Fort Ord in 1980, and it was beautiful above water, If I had only known what was beneath the waves.

Oh well someday I may get back there, Thanks for the pics

Mike

Scott (boomx5): My dives Saturday? See: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ba_diving/message/24425

For the rest: Scott and his two buddies were drifting on the surface waiting for Escapade
to pick up a couple of divers who were decoing on the anchor line. Adm. Linda and I
were in my Boston Whaler waiting for Escapade to pull the hook so we could anchor on
the same spot.

Chuck Tribolet:
Scott (boomx5): My dives Saturday? See: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ba_diving/message/24425

For the rest: Scott and his two buddies were drifting on the surface waiting for Escapade
to pick up a couple of divers who were decoing on the anchor line. Adm. Linda and I
were in my Boston Whaler waiting for Escapade to pull the hook so we could anchor on
the same spot.

Nice write-up. I tell ya Chuck...Flintstones was truly an awesome dive. I've heard it was really nice but I was very impressed, and especially since we did it on scooters. I hope to get back out to that site in the near future as it was really a lot of fun. :)

Back
Top Bottom