Norte heading to Coz.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heading down Sunday for a week- any thoughts on postponing given this storm? Would hate to have the harbor closed, or get rained out a good portion of the week... ugh.
Looking at the 10 day forecast on this site: Cozumel Island, Mexico 10-Day Weather Forecast | Weather Underground I'd expect the port closed all day Saturday but open the rest of the week, yet with a lot of rain. Your actual experiences may be better, but I'd prepare for wading thru some spots and similar challenges. If you could easily change to the week following, that might be a safer bet.

Now named Tropical Storm Gamma. I guess that there is a North Front coming down that's going to cause that sharp port turn on the 5th. Windguru expects conflicting winds on the 5th.

upload_2020-10-2_20-28-14.png

upload_2020-10-2_20-27-18.png

Delta is looking like a bigger storm, hopefully it stays east of Cozumel and weakens before it hits the gulf coast.
upload_2020-10-4_7-52-33.png

upload_2020-10-4_7-55-47.png

Back
Top Bottom