3 day Norte coming in 28DEC23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any update on forecast for the next few days?
Sorry for wishy-washy answer, but tomorrow and Saturday forecasts look similar today as far as forecasts go. Weather is kind of right at borderline both days—winds not strong enough for a slam dunk closure , but not weak enough to guarantee it open. This is super peak season so seems like they will try hard to make something work (but idiots who take a mile when the port captain gives an inch aren’t helping that dynamic )

I am not on the island at moment so don’t have a feel for things beyond the forecasts.

I am on the island. I'd say it's 50-50 but I would bet that it remains closed. I thought I was booked to dive tomorrow but I had my wires crossed... Just as well...hoping the weather has improved by the day I'm booked for! I think tomorrow's weather will be crap, cold and wet.

I am on the island. I'd say it's 50-50 but I would bet that it remains closed. I thought I was booked to dive tomorrow but I had my wires crossed... Just as well...hoping the weather has improved by the day I'm booked for! I think tomorrow's weather will be crap, cold and wet.
What is considered cold for Cozumel? We usually go in April-May but right after Wilma we went in January. We got there right after a front had passed through, and it was weird to go to dinner in jeans and flannel shirts.

My first dive day is supposed to be Sunday. Fingers crossed the weather improves!

What is considered cold for Cozumel? We usually go in April-May but right after Wilma we went in January. We got there right after a front had passed through, and it was weird to go to dinner in jeans and flannel shirts.
It is 22C right now but supposed to drop to 18C this evening. And judging by what I can see out my window, I doubt that the port will open this morning.

It’s windy, cloudy and cool. And tomorrow looks even worse. I’d bet the locals are going to be in winter jackets tonight.

Sorry for wishy-washy answer, but tomorrow and Saturday forecasts look similar today as far as forecasts go. Weather is kind of right at borderline both days—winds not strong enough for a slam dunk closure , but not weak enough to guarantee it open. This is super peak season so seems like they will try hard to make something work (but idiots who take a mile when the port captain gives an inch aren’t helping that dynamic )

I am not on the island at moment so don’t have a feel for things beyond the forecasts.
FYI. Weather is coming in a little worse than forecast today and forecast for tomorrow has gotten worse. I am assuming port is closed , but don’t know that for sure (I am off island ). Please don’t yell at your dive operator —I have friends who have 30 paying customers in town (their biggest week of the year ) and presumably can’t leave port so no revenue. They can’t be happy either

FYI. Weather is coming in a little worse than forecast today and forecast for tomorrow has gotten worse. I am assuming port is closed , but don’t know that for sure (I am off island ). Please don’t yell at your dive operator —I have friends who have 30 paying customers in town (their biggest week of the year ) and presumably can’t leave port so no revenue. They can’t be happy either
IMNSHO, anyone who takes it out on a dive op when the port is closed is being an idiot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom