Yet Another Norte! 17 Dec - 19?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NDL_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Windguru - Mexico - Cozumel is showing yet another Norte with probable port closing. With the capsize and death of 2 this last week expect early closing and late opening of port. I expect port closure Sat afternoon to at least Tuesday Morning if not Wednesday. Will have a chance to do a few more dives next week before we head home.

1000002230.jpg

Port closed at 1 today. Expect it closed tomorrow as well. Monday may be open but Port Capitan may be a little conservative after this last week (who knows).

We were told that it was closing at noon today (north marina at least). Got in a couple nice dives to the north and then squeaked in at 11:55.

This port closure (STILL) thing is getting old. Hoping that the forcast is right and the speed falls and direction shifts enough to get out tomorrow. 2 more possible dive days and I need to finish my class and 2 family (potential) divers need to do their OW checkouts.

Port should open tomorrow but at 8AM (after Port Capitan's coffee) if it does not open today. SI is going to be chilly. Lower humidity and lower temps make for a cold 2nd dive.

Back
Top Bottom