What's going on with the weather?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Observing WindGuru my prediction would be no diving until Thursday this week and then out of the pool for Sunday-Thursday next week too. It's been crazy this year.
Yeah, not so much.

I'm in the same boat (or I guess not in the boat, if there's Nortes :crying:).

For those familiar with such things, do the Nortes affect the southern resorts the same as dive shops in/near Cozumel town? I'll be down at Iberostar, which is pretty close to the point where the island starts to curve around to the southeast, which at least in theory could provide some protection.
When the marinas are closed by the Port Captain, all of the dive boats have to stay in. It doesn't matter where you are staying. (With some odd exceptions for part-day operations where you might be able to taxi to the marina or downtown to meet the boat where it would be impractical to have them come to you.)

Anyone have a prediction for Feb.7 - 14th? Was there last end of October and had a few port closures. Hoping for less this time.

The weather pattern "El Nino" is causing this year to have more Nortes than previous years.
in early 2023 we had Jan 13, 14, Feb 11,12 for port closures. Very mild compared to Nov and Dec where 16 days were closed. This year we do have new port captain so he does close it even for mild n or w wind for precaution sometimes. Gonna be one of them years I think....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom