Invitation to Explore a New Dive Resort in Lanao del Norte, Mindanao!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey there!

Are you ready for a new thrilling underwater adventure at a brand new dive site? I'm excited to announce that we are in the very beginning stages of a brand new diving resort in Lanao del Norte, Mindanao! If you're passionate about exploring vibrant marine life, breathtaking coral reefs, and unforgettable and EXCLUSIVE diving experiences, then this invitation might be for you!

Situated in the heart of Iligan City, our future dive resort promises to be a haven for diving enthusiasts from around the globe. But before we finalize the plans, we want to hear from diving devotees! What would make YOUR dream diving resort? Whether it's state-of-the-art equipment, luxurious accommodations, or exclusive dive sites (i.e., beautiful places no one has discovered yet), your input is invaluable in shaping this destination into a paradise for underwater enthusiasts.

Now, I know what you're thinking – how do I get there? While you'll need to arrange your own flight arragements to Laguindingan Airport in Cagayan de Oro, Lanao del Norte, Mindanao (a short one-hour local flight from either Manila or Cebu), don't worry about transportation from there to our future site. I've got you covered! Once you land, our team will ensure you have hassle-free transportation to Iligan City, where the adventure begins. Housing and local transportation provided for FREE for 3 - 5 days! Rental of equipment and food costs very minimal.

So, mark your calendars (any time from March to June 2024) and get ready to explore the depths of Lanao del Norte like never before. Stay tuned for updates on the resort's development and be part of this exciting journey from the very beginning. (We can only provide this unique dive experience to just a handful of true diving aficionados so don't delay in contacting me for more details.)

Let's make waves together!!!

Lighthouse Dive Resort

Hey there!

Are you ready for a new thrilling underwater adventure at a brand new dive site? I'm excited to announce that we are in the very beginning stages of a brand new diving resort in Lanao del Norte, Mindanao! If you're passionate about exploring vibrant marine life, breathtaking coral reefs, and unforgettable and EXCLUSIVE diving experiences, then this invitation might be for you!

Situated in the heart of Iligan City, our future dive resort promises to be a haven for diving enthusiasts from around the globe. But before we finalize the plans, we want to hear from diving devotees! What would make YOUR dream diving resort? Whether it's state-of-the-art equipment, luxurious accommodations, or exclusive dive sites (i.e., beautiful places no one has discovered yet), your input is invaluable in shaping this destination into a paradise for underwater enthusiasts.

Now, I know what you're thinking – how do I get there? While you'll need to arrange your own flight arragements to Laguindingan Airport in Cagayan de Oro, Lanao del Norte, Mindanao (a short one-hour local flight from either Manila or Cebu), don't worry about transportation from there to our future site. I've got you covered! Once you land, our team will ensure you have hassle-free transportation to Iligan City, where the adventure begins. Housing and local transportation provided for FREE for 3 - 5 days! Rental of equipment and food costs very minimal.

So, mark your calendars (any time from March to June 2024) and get ready to explore the depths of Lanao del Norte like never before. Stay tuned for updates on the resort's development and be part of this exciting journey from the very beginning. (We can only provide this unique dive experience to just a handful of true diving aficionados so don't delay in contacting me for more details.)

Let's make waves together!!!

Lighthouse Dive Resort
Good luck to you!
The folks I travel with like good camera facilities for set-up, storage, cleaning, They like good food with some variety, They like comfortable accommodations. And, of course, great diving, preferably on small boats with excellent guides and no more than 4 people per guide. And, as e get older, we like it to be not difficult to get back on the boat.

I'll second what tursiops said, except I'm fine with 6 divers per guide.

And I'll add my own preferences.

Here's what doesn't matter: luxurious accommodations, live entertainment, organized activities, fancy drinks.

Here's what does matter: happy and helpful staff, nitrox at minimal upcharge (unless it's very shallow muck diving), no limits on underwater times, ability to do 3-5 dives per day including night dives, clean rooms with cool a/c and warm showers and a few easily accessible electrical outlets, a way to thoroughly rinse and dry gear without having to carry it long distances, good wifi, a couple of spots to meet up and hang out with other divers over coffee or a beer.

Here's what doesn't matter: luxurious accommodations, live entertainment, organized activities, fancy drinks.
Agree, but I am OK with luxurious acodattiosn and fancy drink so long as the cost is reasonable.
Here's what does matter: happy and helpful staff, nitrox at minimal upcharge (unless it's very shallow muck diving), no limits on underwater times, ability to do 3-5 dives per day including night dives, clean rooms with cool a/c and warm showers and a few easily accessible electrical outlets, a way to thoroughly rinse and dry gear without having to carry it long distances, good wifi, a couple of spots to meet up and hang out with other divers over coffee or a beer.
Agree.

Good luck to you!
The folks I travel with like good camera facilities for set-up, storage, cleaning, They like good food with some variety, They like comfortable accommodations. And, of course, great diving, preferably on small boats with excellent guides and no more than 4 people per guide. And, as e get older, we like it to be not difficult to get back on the boat.
Excellent suggestions! Thank you!

Agree, but I am OK with luxurious acodattiosn and fancy drink so long as the cost is reasonable.

Agree.
I'll second what tursiops said, except I'm fine with 6 divers per guide.

And I'll add my own preferences.

Perfect! So helpful to know what true divers are looking for in a dive resort! Thank you so much for chiming in!

So what's the diving like there?

And is your resort really "in the heart of Iligan City"? When I think of "diving resorts", I expect shore diving and/or boats to be accessed directly from the property.

Our resort is next to the ocean. These are some land shots taken from our existing house (inherited from my grandma). Resort is being built adjacent to this house.

We also have a raft and a boat for deeper dives. Underwater shots taken by Brittany (she’s the white girl in the photo). She’s our resident dive master and instructor. I’m the owner and still learning.
So what's the diving like there?

And is your resort really "in the heart of Iligan City"? When I think of "diving resorts", I expect shore diving and/or boats to be accessed directly from the property.

Attachments

• IMG_7108.jpeg
    IMG_7108.jpeg
    47 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_7115.jpeg
    IMG_7115.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_7114.jpeg
    IMG_7114.jpeg
    43.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_7116.jpeg
    IMG_7116.jpeg
    186.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6964.jpeg
    IMG_6964.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 58
I would agree with the above. I don't typically need AC at resorts on the water, but it is always nice.

Good food, a mix of western and local.

A well lit place to work on and store my camera equipment that is at a minimum 3' x 3' with electrical outlets to charge lights etc. Storage underneath is a plus. A rinse tank for cameras only, with compressed air nearby is required. Have a look at NAD's camera room on Lembeh. Pretty much a perfect camera room.

The guides are critical. The fewer divers per guide the better. Guides that know the local waters and how to spot critters and enjoy doing it are your best asset. Far more important than anything else.

Diving not artificially time limited. i.e. no 50 min time limits. Larger tanks available and a reasonable cost, same with NITROX

Flexibility with solo divers.

I don't need "entertainment" but it is nice to have the option to do local excursions.

A spot in the resort to "hang out". I don't normally spend much time in my room, but do spend a fair amount of time talking to other divers in the community area in the resort. A place to relax between dives. Does not need to be fancy, but comfortable chairs are good.

I agree with everyone's comment, just would emphasize the clean aspect of the accommodation, ex: no mold or dust is a must.

Breakfast hours compatible with the dive schedule would be nice (assuming there will be breakfast).

I would put some thought into activities/resources for the non-divers that are accompanying a diver on the trip.

Nice pictures btw! Keep us updated!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom