No Fly Time Calculation No computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andy_W

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys, I need some help from you.
How to calculate No fly time if you don't have any computer? Let say for multiple recreational dive.
or should i limit it to 3 dives a day for 3 days dive = total 9 dives

thank you in advance

What do your tables tell you? Last time I heard the PADI RDP said 12hrs and everyone else says 24hrs after your last dive.

Guess I'm gonna have to agree with GUE again about the dumbing down of divers because of computers.

Just my opinion. Simple rule for commercial pressurised aircraft.
Single days diving (2 dives) with safety stops, no rapid ascents and no deco, 12 hours.
Multiple days diving or any deco dive, 24 hours.

If flying a non-pressurised aircraft above 3000ft (there are still some around in more remote spots) I'd add another 6-12 hours to each of these times.

If I may give a piece of advice: make it safe, and calculate 24 hours after your last dive. And it won't be your last dive...

Now, I know some divers who take 18 hours as a limit for short flights, provided that their computer is happy with it.

But looking at your program, 3 dives/day, 3 days in a row, I would stick to the 24 hours rule.

Another vote for 24 hours. Better safe than sorry. And that's regardless of what my computer says...

There is no real "answer" just many recommendations. DAN's recommendation of 18hrs is currently the most "liberal" for multi day diving that I know of. Personally, I'm comfortable with that, although it often works out for me to be around 24hrs anyway. Regarding the suggestion to add time for unpressurized aircraft above 3000 ft, remember that commercial aircraft are only pressurized to a pressure equivilent to 8000 ft, so actually the puddle jumpers are probably safer. (At least from DCS)

I'll give you the answer that my computer gives me.....24 hours.

My husband and I try to do the 24 hour rule, but if our flight leaves 22 hours after our last dive, we don't sit the dive out. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom