Nitek 3 its expensive but GREAT!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Throttle back here, lads...
There is a tremendous difference in using a computer and blind obedience to a computer. I don't think I've ever agreed with a dive computer completely on a dive, or done exactly what it said do, but I realize that the computer's sampling rate and reliable memory are better than mine, and I can use the information the computer gives me to more intelligently massage my plan to make sure that I never have to change my mantra... "Every dive is a GREAT dive."
Rick

Yeah, OK Ralph. Whatever you say. You obvious know what you're talking about and have the experience and aforethought to back it up. I gracefully bow to your wisdom on the subject and ask for your humble forgiveness of my ineptitude.

Gee I'm so embarrassed :notme:, I've driven the great tech diving expert away, except you had previously written....

IF anyone has any real questions that might make for an interesting discussion, then I'll bite. Otherwise, this thread seems to have ran it's course with opposing views having been thoroughly addressed.

I assume by "real questions" you mean someone who agrees with your assertionss and simply asks for further information and instruction.

It's the same old pattern we've seen from you before, post some ill conceived arguments, then declare the thread closed and bow out because you know you're not capable of defending your position against any real questions or differing viewpoints. This may work on Techdiver or Quest where the audience is controlled by either intimidation or subscriptions but not in these open forums.

Ralph

Keep on doing the same dump thinking and you will always be a stroke. Listen up, Mike is attemping to help you guys and gals but you need to do somthing first!!!

Pull the cotton out of your EARS and shove it in your mouth.

Joe

:upset:

OKDIR,

When I want information I try to go to a primary source when it is available. Why waste time with secondary or tertiary sources, who only manage get it partially correct at best? When I want to know what George Irvine or JJ or Bruce Wienke, etc. etc. have to say on a topic I'll read what they've written on the subject, plenty of information is available. George is currently explaining his approach to deco on Techdiver. Why would anyone rely on dubious second or third hand information?

Maybe you guys should stop paraphrasing the advice of the true experts and simply provide links to the real sources of information.

Ralph

Originally posted by OKDIR
Keep on doing the same dump

Pull the cotton out of your EARS and shove it in your mouth.

Joe... you need to take a break....
That kind of stuff doesn't work here....
That kind of stuff doesn't work anywhere....
That kind of stuff doesn't even work for G3....
Much less you.

Originally posted by miztflip
Quote:
Dive Shop Monkey

Wow that hurt, I can see why you withold both your age and location.

Nah... *dive shop monkey* is a compliment...

You know: the guy who can fill jugs with one hand while restocking the shelves with another and rebuilding a reg with his feet (takes both feet to work on regs) and answer the phone with his tail....

If you are a Dive Shop Monkey then you will know that this is an accurate description of your abilities
:D

Originally posted by rcohn
George is currently explaining his approach to deco on Techdiver. Why would anyone rely on dubious second or third hand information?

Maybe you guys should stop paraphrasing the advice of the true experts and simply provide links to the real sources of information.

Ralph

Good points Ralph...
But perhaps a little extreme in application...
~Unless you are (fill it in) sit down and shut up~
Or words to that effect... isn't really productive.

Perhaps Yooper has something to share from his own experience diving profiles and deco that have worked for him.... but then perhaps this forum is not really the place to go into detail....and perhaps a more general and hypothetical approach would be better...

The original discussion centered around a particular dive computer and has drifted off into the efficacy of dive computers in general and then drifted in alternate means of arriving at safe deco schedues....

A natural transition... but perhaps Yooper is right that this thread is way off track now and a new one needs to be started....

Hey that gives me an idea!!!

Uncle Pug,

The original discussion centered around a particular dive computer and has drifted off into the efficacy of dive computers in general and then drifted in alternate means of arriving at safe deco schedues....

I agree and I want to clearly point out that I'm not in any way arguing that dive computers are the appropriate means for conducting decompression dives. While I do believe they are the best way to conduct dives that fall within the NDLs, I really have no worthwhile opinion on their suitability for serious decompression diving.

My point was (and remains) that the arguments Yooper presented as to why computers were such a terrible idea are fallacious and many of his claims don't hold up. From his claims about having correct profiles I imagined (silly me) that he was planning dives using some advanced algorithm like the RGBM to generate the correct deep stop profiles he claims, not cavalierly tweaking a Haldane type schedule. In addition, he repeated the ploy we've seen before of posting a long indefensible opinion then declaring the discussion closed and hiding.

Perhaps Yooper has something to share from his own experience diving profiles and deco that have worked for him....

Perhaps, but then we don't really know what dives he done, do we? We do know from his many posts where his (and several others) information is coming from and I will always seek and prefer a primary source when available.

Ralph

I will take a break.

It has been a short ride for me on this board, everyone have fun on this board and I wish you the best of diving.

Gone Diving,
Joe

Sorry if I offened anyone. I feel very strong on my view points as most of you do. I used to be a stroke like others on this board then I was shown a better way of diving.

Safer, more enjoyable!

DIR as always.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom