Nitek 3 its expensive but GREAT!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I recall the dive was done during the summer of 1995 by Terrence Tysal and I think Mike Zee. You can contact Terrence @ the Cambrian Foundation. I think Mike z. has a charter boat on the lakes somewhere. I think Aquacorp may have had an article on it. I don't have my back issues handy to look.
Ken

The video was taken from submarine dives during expeditions to the Fitz. The video I have seen is quite impressive. Yooper when your ready to do the dive let me know I'll go with you:bonk:
Ken

Originally posted by Lost Yooper
Hey Mike,

IMO, if you get beyond 100' or so, it's better to be on a 30/30 trimix for both narcosis, breathability, and decompression. It's quite debatable whether or not nitrox is doing anything as far as reducing narcosis is concerned. One thing is for certain, when you get past 100'-130' on air or so, it just isn't particulary good for you in any way.

Mike

Hey Yoop what about nitrox for deco! as you know I am becoming a beleiver in the END of 100'. but when you say that nitrox isn't doing anything. I think that when you are decoing on it wether it be 36%, 50%, 80% or 100% it is all about the gradient between saturation of nitrogen.

What do you use for deco gas

ps I am doing a 300 ft jump this weekend and I have planned my ENd at 100, I will give you a report on ant benifits that are obviouse

For my dives, I use 50/50 (at 70') a lot and O2 (at 20').

Give us a trip report in the Tech section with all the details.

Be safe! :wink:

Mike

when you say 50/50
are you saying 50% O2 and 50% He
Or 50% O2 and 50% N2

I never know around here???

I use 50/50 nitrox. I know some guys are trying 50/50 heliox with good success, but I don't have the "technology" for the high pressure oxygen and helium fills. I'd try it if I could just to see what happens. Everything I've read about it has been encouraging.

Mike

To bad, I thought we could get some real world experience info

I have read the same stuff [not as high as 50%] using helium as shallow water deco

Even though it has been ingrained to get off helium asap, I beleive that Nitrogen is a bigger enemy than helium.

In therory. if our body does not matabalize nitrogen or helium and they just pass through our system., then it should hold true that with He being a faster gas it should off gas in our slower tissue compartments faster than N2. and make no difference to us Physiologicaly.

however it would also on gas at shallower depths faster than N2.

it would seem that the gradiant would not be as significant with He and we would have to completly reconsider our deco profile.

it may mean a little longer stop at 20ft on 100% to let the He completly off gas. but the benifit would seem to be the slower more potent N2 would be gone from our system and the faster He would move out of our slow tissues at a much faster rate.

Just thinking out loud here

I think it was Bill Mee that was using 50/50 and was coming out faster and cleaner than the rest. I'm not certain, but I thought AUE-Mike, here on SB, has experimented with it or was planning on trying it. I'll send him a PM.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom