Night Dive Splashdown Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you cant make the morning dives out of WPB (for some bizarre reason), but wanted to dive in the PM before the night dives, you might want to check out the reef clean up at Anglin pier with reefsavers on 3/19 - just a thought if you were looking for something to do to help out :wink:

simbrooks:
If you cant make the morning dives out of WPB (for some bizarre reason), but wanted to dive in the PM before the night dives, you might want to check out the reef clean up at Anglin pier with reefsavers on 3/19 - just a thought if you were looking for something to do to help out :wink:
Hey - no trolling on the thread. Trying to change the subject indeed. I thought this was an alcohol discussion?!

I am reading that the liquid refreshments will be flowing freely after this event - in that case I will bring some mixers and drunk food (oven chicken fingers, anyone?)
And yes, I call the couch at Conch-Lush's - thanks again.

I plan to drop a few $$$ at the local store to get some Rhum.. even some Pusser's just for our local limey to enjoy... just like Admiral Nelson and Admiral Vernon poured.

Many recipes to try for the first time on the night of the 19th.

Grog from the old recipe and the modern version
Admiral Nelson with a nod to the old salt.
Orginal Jamican Punch
Batida De Pina with mint sprig
Bee's Kiss with honey hence the name
Calico Jack flavored with Bourbon
Daiquiri - not a strawberry concotion but with lime juice just like the limeys had
Happy Apple - a sour treat
Hammerhead- just name sounds fun
Kill Divil - This is what the Pirates of the Carribean had
Mojito - just like south beach
Noel's Nooner - Red Wine and Rhum..? Worth a try.. you decide
Rum Martini - Kbeck said she's got the stem ware..
RumKa - Rhum and Vodka.. if you are still awake... it is not for long....

Eric
Bring the BC's Headache powders you are going to need it....

Orlando Eric:
I plan to drop a few $$$ at the local store to get some Rhum.. even some Pusser's just for our local limey to enjoy... just like Admiral Nelson and Admiral Vernon poured.

Many recipes to try for the first time on the night of the 19th.

Noel's Nooner - Red Wine and Rhum..? Worth a try.. you decide
Rum Martini - Kbeck said she's got the stem ware..

Red wine and rum--some variation on Sangria?? Mmmm. May have to attempt that one.
Stemware--yup, plenty for whatever your drink of choice. The Martini glasses come complete with Flamingo decor. Really.

Reminder to self: Hmm. Up at 6am, two dives, Boat show, night dive, partying. INVEST HEAVILY IN CAFFEINE PILLS.

If anyone has any specific requests for mixing options or dinner foods, PLEASE just let me know and I'll make a run Friday night. Otherwise, there is a Publix right in front of my house.

Whoo Hoo; rain is also supposed to move through before the weekend!!!!

I have returned and have captured the following booty!

1 Bottle 1.75 Liters Mount Gay Barbados Rum.
1 Bottle 1.75 Liters Cruzan Estate Dark Rum St Croix
1 Bottle 1.75 Liters Captain Morgan Spiced Rum Puerto Rico
1 Bottle 1.75 Liters Bacardi White rum Puerto Rico (clear stuff)
1 Bottle 750 Milliliter Pusser's Rum B.V.I. The Orignal Navy Rum
1 Bottle 1 Liter Amaretto for mixing.
1 Bottle 1 Liter Triple Sec for mixing.
1 Bottle 750 Milliliter of Sweet Vermouth for Mixing.
1 Bottle Red Grenadine for mixing.

One new stainless steel shaker/ strainer.
90 each small plastic "swords" for piercing cherries and olives

I think this is a very good start on the Florida Conch Traveling Rum bar.
I have packed all this in a Walmart tote, to be passed from Host to Hostess etc, depending on the upcoming venues.

Anyone wishing to add to this or of course come up with good ideas for recipes jump right in. Rum is a new thing for me.. I am a Scotch person myself.

"Splice the Main Brace!"

Eric

Welcome to the Rum side E1 :D

Ok, guys. I spoke with Capt. Lynn today. A few pointers and questions for Saturday:

--The marina is under severe construction. Capt. Lynn suggest attempting any carpooling available, and arriving earlier than 6:00, if possible. You'll be doing the drop the gear find parking. The on-site parking lot is typically valet only, so be prepared for the possibility of having to pay them. If parking is limited, we'll have to park somewhere off property and walk back.
--For those doing the morning dive, they can do air or nitrox fills on premises, rather than having to run around looking for a shop in between the two dives.

I'm also posting this on the AM dives thread for the people doing those as well.

Final Tally: 14 (+2 questionables)

KBeck
Padipro
diver doh
BIGSAGE136
Orlando Eric
farfromwater
theone
JustJoe
Loiret
Scubakevdm
Marvel
baitedstorm
blondey
scubaJenny
?Marvel
?novafury

Hey Kev, NovaFury wants on to, he's currently out of town. I called and left a message... Is that good enough?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom