Night Dive, Boynton (Loggerhead) 10/01/04?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm in! Woohoo!!!!!

Okay, just got back again. Here's what it was:
Seas were 1-2'. Water temp 82 degrees. Current was mild to moderate North on Dive 1, Strong then mild North on dive 2. Vis was 65' on the first dive dropping to about 50' on the second.

Looks like the decision is made (at least to not cancel our places), with hopefully two friends also making their way down with us for the weekend of diving.

So i hear that there arent a lot of people actually booked yet, like 6-8 or so of that list above, i know Becky and myself are, Kev obviously, Chuck is now in, Krista would be if she picked up the phone :wink: Farfromwater(+2), anyone else actually in and going?

Well folks, work pulled a fast one on me and killed my time off this afternoon. Instead of leaving work at two, I won't get out before 5pm. I cannot make the drive from Fort Myers to Boynton in 1.5 hours. If I can get the list of stuff done I will still be there, but more than likely I won't.

I am pretty bummed.

Joe

Kev, a little bird told me that there might be tanks involved in this trip, is this the case? Are we definately on for a two tanker? Will be bringing my own tanks anyway for the diving over the rest of the weekend, but if there are tanks included then that saves me a fill :wink: Only my roommate coming as an addition, Becky's friend cant make it.

Not sure i will want to spend the cash on running down to the Keys this weekend ala Krista, Harleydiver and some others, but will be more than up for some shore diving should we decide that the SE is our weekend destination!! Any takers on shore diving this weekend around LBTS and Hollywood? Hoping/planning on around 2-3 daytime dives, plus saturday night, maybe even some dawn dives (pre-church on sunday sounds good for that!).[/QUOTE]

So what's the shore dive situation?

Still looking on, dont know exact locations yet but was thinking of only doing one dive per beach if possible and moving around a little - seeing a bit of everything. It looks like we will only be doing a few tomorrow, not hanging around for sunday (might hit a state park up here). That might include a dawn dive then a morning and at least one post lunch afternoon dive (hope for two, but of course i know what happens when we get together). Was thinking LBTS, Hollywood (variety to choose from there - wouldnt mind doing the regular shore ones, YBR, and Erojacks maybe). Maybe i should start another thread on it???

Booked up for three tonight, from the way Jim sounded whilst checking his list, the boat sounded kind of near full - is that the case Kev - what viz was there today? If its still 82F i am thinking 1mm still should be fine. See you all in a few hours, can chat on cells/boat later regarding tomorrow's diving if needed.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom