Night Dive, Boynton (Loggerhead) 10/01/04?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, I'm back with another exciting installment of As The Tide Turns.
Seas were flat, and Vis continues to improve. Dive 1 it was about 30', dive 2, about 45'. Water temp seemed 82-ish, I didn't look. The current was a bit less powerful today, but was still quite strong.

Well, its still Speedo temp, and the vis is getting there.. current is tolerable.. What does the wildlife situation look like?

Not that I'm going to get over there now - my wife made alternative plans for me to be with her at Halloween Disney and Epcot.

CBulla:
Well, its still Speedo temp, and the vis is getting there.. current is tolerable.. What does the wildlife situation look like?

Not that I'm going to get over there now - my wife made alternative plans for me to be with her at Halloween Disney and Epcot.

Ahh, I was pretty focused on all the grouper and lobsters. I do recall seeing some green turles and a loggerhead, an African Pompano, a couple of nurse sharks, a huge cubera and a partrige in a pear tree. The reef only seems to have suffered in the large soft coral/sponge department. I must say that department was one of the hallmarks of this particular system, but it'll fill back in.

Dang Colin, you sure you don't want to hang with us this weekend??

Seas were flat at my house this AM- hopefully, this will keep up. I'll post further after I check it out tonight & tomorrow AM....

I'll have to make an appointment to come over during the week with my speargun and a goodie bag.. we'll take advantage of the time when peeps aren't diving to look at the fishes :wink:

Kev--sounds like a go to me; water was flat as a pancake on my way to work this morning too.....finally. If it's not a problem, would you let Jim know I plan to join?...I've not stopped all week at work, and haven't had two seconds to call him. Promise to try tomorrow, though! And I'll owe you a drink as well....
See everyone there.

Sounding more promising by the day, will try to discuss this tonight with my co-driver/buddy and my roommate and Becky's friend too - will double check on space if these other two want to be added! Not sure i will want to spend the cash on running down to the Keys this weekend ala Krista, Harleydiver and some others, but will be more than up for some shore diving should we decide that the SE is our weekend destination!! Any takers on shore diving this weekend around LBTS and Hollywood? Hoping/planning on around 2-3 daytime dives, plus saturday night, maybe even some dawn dives (pre-church on sunday sounds good for that!).

Always up for a beach dive! Especially if I can find a sitter!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom