NFL Pick'Em Game is set

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexan:
Jeff was Bode Miller before Bode Miller was Bode Miller... :D

Heh heh. nahh, I waited until the ex-olympians & pros rolled out of their wheelchairs, guzzled their Gatorade & Geratol blend, and jumped on the slopes.

And even then they are friggin' nuts. I could place in the top 3 of my age class; but if I was racing in the 45-49 year age class [where they all were] I'd be lucky to place top 10.

One guy was a riot; he's now a coach at Killington. He'd go all out on the slopes, spend the afternoon digging his fingernails into the mahogany while standing at the bar, and have his girlfriend drive him home because he his back was so shot that he had to lay down for the ride rather then be able to sit.

I seriously believe he's going to be poured out of a wheelchair and onto the ski slope; and still be able to break 60 seconds on a 50 gate slalom. friggin' nuts they are.

TCDiver1:
Ah ..... knee injuries. Suck big time they do but repair technology has improved tremendously in recent years. When i popped an ACL 20+ years ago, options were limited and the prognosis for getting anywhere near 100% was not good at all. We're talking number like a 50% chance at a 50% recovery .... not good.

Yes, it's changed -dramatically-. Even in recent years it's changed. Heather [chickdiver] had ACL reconstruction about 4 years ago or so. She has a scar that's about 1 1/2 inches long. Mine has only been 2 1/2 years, and you can hardly see the 1/2 inch scar anymore. I ruptured both my MCL and ACL and did damage to my LCL also... that picture above was 9 months post-op.

Well, my picks for the week are in. At least I can count on my good ole' Patriots to win for me!! :wink: Good luck this week.....

Good going, Kayla! Now, everyone else needs to remember to get theirs in, as well. And that includes this certain scuba-diving Texan....

Hmmm it seems that everyone else is doing ScubaTexan's job!

LOL .... and what job would that be?

PS: What happened to your lead? :wink:

Sshhhhhhhhhhh...don't remind me cause i'll start to cry. i was doing so good too. Damn! hope to get back into track this weekend.

Scuba65:
Hmmm it seems that everyone else is doing ScubaTexan's job!

Careful -- that's a good way to get nominated to doing this next year :)

LOL

I can't do it...i'm a girl! ha,ha,ha..

Scuba65:
I can't do it...i'm a girl! ha,ha,ha..

No, no, no! That is all the more reason to do it! :D

Mel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom