NFL Pick'Em Game is set

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba65:
Hey, guy's are you all talking about Killington VT???
Yep. I had a decent lead last year when I went up to Killington to train one weekend and forgot about the saturday games. I didn't realize there was a saturday game until I saw it on in the bar in the lodge. The missing week knocked me a down a few pegs and I only finished 3rd or something like that.

Well I'm off to a great start. I got a lot of catching up to do. At least my PATRIOTS won.

PS: I contractor friend of mine is buying us tickets to the Pats and the Donkeys game on OCT.16th. So I am flying out to Denver. Cool or what?

Way cool! I'm working on a couple vendors right now for XL tickets. I wish we were having a better year so i could exert more "pressure" on them.

TCDiver1:
Way cool! I'm working on a couple vendors right now for XL tickets. I wish were were having a better year so i could exert more "pressure" on them.

That's even way-er cool! Good luck on the tickets (score one for me, btw....lol).

Don't worry about the Lions yet. At the rate everything is going, 8-8 could win the NFC North.

So, i take you all you guy's ski also. i go to killington also to ski....not as good as I used to be before 3 knee surgeries. maybe we can meet up if you guy's come down this yr.

Scuba65:
So, i take you all you guy's ski also. i go to killington also to ski....not as good as I used to be before 3 knee surgeries. maybe we can meet up if you guy's come down this yr.

I grew up in Westford, skiing at Nashoba. Taught all through high school and college before I burned out. I retired from just plain 'ol skiing and took up racing only. I destroyed my knee at Sugarbush in the Eastern Masters Championships in 2003. Got cleared in December '03 to get back on skis. Found the little bit of fear destroyed my Giant Slalom possibilities so I focused on just slalom for that year. 36 or so races in '03. 24 in '04 [had to do the Sugarbush GS to prove to myself I could survive].

August of '04 I blew my achilles on a dive boat. Managed to get cleared for 'light skiing' by december. Retired from USSA masters and just stuck to one night of drunk league racing at Nashoba. 8 races, finished 12th out of 400 or so for the season.

I finally started to see the decline, and I told myself I'd never be Emmit Smith [we could say Bret Favre now too]. I wasn't going to wait until I was all washed up before I retired.

So I retired [from racing], packed up my stuff, and moved to florida a month ago :wink: Now if they'd stop showing Warren Miller flicks on the HDTV channel, I might end up being comfortable with the decision....

I grabbed this off the Mt Snow website before I ordered copies. I never got around to scanning in the real prints.

mt-snow.jpg

Soooo, I take it you enjoy (or use to) skiing? :wink:

Spectre:
I grew up in Westford, skiing at Nashoba. Taught all through high school and college before I burned out. I retired from just plain 'ol skiing and took up racing only. I destroyed my knee at Sugarbush in the Eastern Masters Championships in 2003. Got cleared in December '03 to get back on skis. Found the little bit of fear destroyed my Giant Slalom possibilities so I focused on just slalom for that year. 36 or so races in '03. 24 in '04 [had to do the Sugarbush GS to prove to myself I could survive].

August of '04 I blew my achilles on a dive boat. Managed to get cleared for 'light skiing' by december. Retired from USSA masters and just stuck to one night of drunk league racing at Nashoba. 8 races, finished 12th out of 400 or so for the season.

I finally started to see the decline, and I told myself I'd never be Emmit Smith [we could say Bret Favre now too]. I wasn't going to wait until I was all washed up before I retired.

So I retired [from racing], packed up my stuff, and moved to florida a month ago :wink: Now if they'd stop showing Warren Miller flicks on the HDTV channel, I might end up being comfortable with the decision....

I grabbed this off the Mt Snow website before I ordered copies. I never got around to scanning in the real prints.

mt-snow.jpg

Scuba65:

Jeff was Bode Miller before Bode Miller was Bode Miller... :D

ScubaTexan:
That's even way-er cool! Good luck on the tickets (score one for me, btw....lol).

Will do. I'm holding out hope a vendor will pity us as this year has been a very slow one so far. Don't expect we will see another Superbowl in Michigan in my lifetime so i gotta push eh?

Ah ..... knee injuries. Suck big time they do but repair technology has improved tremendously in recent years. When i popped an ACL 20+ years ago, options were limited and the prognosis for getting anywhere near 100% was not good at all. We're talking number like a 50% chance at a 50% recovery .... not good.

But you did get a really cool, long set of "railroad tracks" to show off after surgery.

When I tell people that I live in Vermont they say, "Oh you must go skiing all the time."

My reply is, "Nope". When you WORK out in the cold and the snow all week long the last thing I want to do is play in it on the weekend.

I work to scuba dive in the warm water when I take vacation in the winter.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom