NFL Pick'Em Game is set

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chicks can't run football pools.

The only reason chicks do well every so often is because based on chaos theory, it's a given that occasionally the pick justification falls in line with the reality of who won. In other words, just by the fate of randomization, picking 'who has the better colored jersey' is going to actually get the win sometimes, or "a bear could beat up a seahawk" will undoubtably get you lucky once in a while.

:wink: <hide>

Spectre:
"a bear could beat up a seahawk" will undoubtably get you lucky once in a while.
Man.. I've used that line at bars before and *I* never got lucky.

Man in the early 90's I loved the 49ers and would always go for them when they played. One day they were playing an awsome game and my ex mother in law stated that she wanted them to win because they looked nice w/ thier shirts tucked it. I couldnt belive she said that.

WaterDawg:
Man in the early 90's I loved the 49ers and would always go for them when they played. One day they were playing an awsome game and my ex mother in law stated that she wanted them to win because they looked nice w/ thier shirts tucked it. I couldnt belive she said that.

I ran my office pool for a long time. A friend/co-worker went 14-1 one week to take the win when there was a ton of upsets and the next best was 10-5. She distinctly said she didn't have time to research so she went with the "mascot toughness" theory.

I still can't figure out how she thought the Cardinals could beat up anything. Shame, that woulda been 15-0 :wink:

Spectre:
Chicks can't run football pools.

The only reason chicks do well every so often is because based on chaos theory, it's a given that occasionally the pick justification falls in line with the reality of who won. In other words, just by the fate of randomization, picking 'who has the better colored jersey' is going to actually get the win sometimes, or "a bear could beat up a seahawk" will undoubtably get you lucky once in a while.

:wink: <hide>

You better run and hide with that statement! :11: I actually do my research before making picks thank you very much! Except for Carolina and I'm a loyal follower (only time I'm a follower) in that case. :D Only time I've noticed uniforms, when not checking out the buttocks area, is back when Alexander Julian designed the Charlotte Hornet uniforms. :yuck: What were they thinking with teal and purple?

Mel

Thanks Mel for saying that...i was going to say the same thing...! Just because we are girls don't mean that we just pick by the colors etc. it also has to be on good looks...ha,ha,ha...kidding. Some of us are really serious about football. even though i'm doing really crappy now.

Spectre:
<Spectre taps his foot>

My lobster buoy colors are Teal White and Maroon.

I bet you also owned one (or several) of those preppy Alexander Julian shirts from the early 90s, didn't ya? Come on you can admit it here among friends. :wink:

Who is watching Carolina tonight?!!! Everybody is excited and making a big deal out of it here in Charlotte that we're on for Monday Night Football.

Mel

suthnbelle:
I bet you also owned one (or several) of those preppy Alexander Julian shirts from the early 90s, didn't ya? Come on you can admit it here among friends. :wink:

Is that a t-shirt?

t-shirt, jeans, sandels. Maybe a fleece and gloves if it's below freezing. Jacket, hat and hiking boots come out when the temp gets below zero. I wear socks with the sandels if I have to trudge through snow [or I just took them off and trudged barefoot to my car so the leather didn't get wet & slimy].

Back
Top Bottom