New training and diving site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So I just noticed on your MySpace page that on April 5th you are having an open house for DM and Instructors. Does that mean that it is only going to be open to them or does that mean that they are the only ones that get the free lunch?

Please keep us posted on your open date. I am ancious to get out there and dive. I have some training I need to do on doubles and this will be a great place to try them out...

Phil

+1 - I would really like to get some more bottom time.

I sent them a PM too asking them to clarify their open date... They originally said that they would open on the 5th. Now on their myspace page it says that they will hvae a day for DM's and instructors. I just do not know if they are opening for everyone or just the more important people...

Phil

My guess would be the "more important people" :)

That is my guess too... I was really looking forward to the April 5th open. I wish that they would come on here and answer the question..

Phil

I just talked to Val at Y-Kiki, and she was pretty helpful.

The owner's name is Dave Kruse, who used to be associated with Y-Kiki. He is focusing his time on the quarry now, so is not actively teaching for Y-Kiki at least for now.

Val said he is opening the quarry for DMs and Instructors only that first weekend so he is able to show them around, and give them a tour of the training facilities. She also mentioned it will be open the next weekend for everyone.

I got Dave's info, so I will try to contact him directly and ask some questions...

Tom

I just talked to Val at Y-Kiki, and she was pretty helpful.

The owner's name is Dave Kruse, who used to be associated with Y-Kiki. He is focusing his time on the quarry now, so is not actively teaching for Y-Kiki at least for now.

Val said he is opening the quarry for DMs and Instructors only that first weekend so he is able to show them around, and give them a tour of the training facilities. She also mentioned it will be open the next weekend for everyone.

I got Dave's info, so I will try to contact him directly and ask some questions...

Tom

Thanks for the info Tom....

Phil

They could of contacted the dive shops privately and invited the instructors. And we may have never known that they are moore important than everyone else.

Don't let the "public" opening discourage anyone....I've known Dave for ages and he is a great guy (and his last name is Cruz). Im sure he is putting together a first class operation!

If he would have contacted the shops only---then the independent instructors wouldn't know about it. The opening for "Dive Professionals Only" is not something unusal....I would call it a good trial run to make sure things are perfect for the Public Grand Opening.

Good Luck Dave!

Pat

Back
Top Bottom